• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Demand For Sight Hoods

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

tslans

Who needs sight hoods?

The screw project is coming to a close. After hunting season is over, I imagine that i will have a little time on my hands to work on having new sight hoods manufactured. There is a company near me in NJ that specializes in short run stamping.

Could I get some idea how many each of you needs/wants? What is a reasonable price target? There is an up front tooling charge. I will cover it and build it into the price.

Tracy

PS: I don't want to hear from anyone that cancelled orders for screws or didn't respond to my requests for shipping info.

Tracy- Put me down for two. Pricing should be on the consrvative side of 30 each. This may take off better in the cold winter mos. when no one is busy planning scheming and hunting.-Mike

I could probably use as many as six, but I'd like to get a frame of reference on the price first.

Once again, my double thanks for this and the screw project!

Re: Hoods,

I am not asking for a committment at this time. I am just trying to find out what the need / want / demand is for the hoods. I need some idea of the quantity so I can give vendors an "about" number.

Newly manufactured Winchester Pre 64 Model 79 and Model 94 hoods are being sold by Brownells for $5.99. One of the things I am going to do is approach the people that supply the hoods to Brownells. If Brownells can sell them for $5.99 they most be relatively inexpensive to make.

Tracy

Hello,

It appears that there is quite a bit of interest in replacment Sight Hoods. Yes i would be intersted in obtaining a couple of sight hoods.

Hey Guys: Curious if one type of sight hood will fit Sakos of all eras or did they change anything along the way? I'd probably take a few to have on hand for any future Sakos I acquire. Seems most of them are missing the hood.

misako50,

I am living near Vancouver B.C., Canada. Hope that answers your question.

Regards,

Sako68

That is what we called in the old days, a real pregnant question. We may need straigt tube and we may need some slanted for the Garcia type. Thanks for bringing that up. paulson-Misako

Could someone post pics of the different type hoods. I believe I need one of the Model 75 type but am not sure. It fits on a Williams type front Streamlined ramp that came on the Sako AV Laminated Stock rifle that I have.
I am sure it's not the hood that fits the old Garcia L61R rifles.
Thanks,
GeoW
PS: also, put me in for 4 hoods of the type you are having made.
Thanks,
George

I need two sight hoods, both for L46 rifles. I could also use a front trigger guard screw for an L46.

Latest posts

Back