• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Demand For Sight Hoods

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I know, but most are OUT OF STOCK and none are specifically identified as having application to the L46. Do you know which other Sako models use the same size front trigger guard screw?

Geow- Here are two pictures one is a Sako 85 which I believe has the same hood as the 75 or the one you are asking about. The second picture is a model 72, early garcia era, hood- I think we can skip a picture of the vintage hood for now. Notice the slanted areas on these two. The vintage are not slanted. .-Misako

Tracy,
Put me down for $100 worth, hoping to get at least 8 if they are the earlier Pre-Garcia non-slanted style?
rodsguns

Rodsguns,

I have no idea of the price. This project is in its genesis. It took me almost 6 months from the start of the screw project until I could finally ship. I expect this project to take at least that long. After I reach what I feel is a reasonable volume, I will approach a few vendors.

I don't want to give them an overly optimistic quantity and then have to beat them up to lower the price. That is what happened with the screw project. I started with 1000 screws. Most vendors wouldn't even consider 1000. I finally found a vendor that would take the order because he was not that busy. I thought as did many members that 1000 would be scooped up. But, I received orders for just less than 500. I worked with (beat up) the supplier to get a reasonable price for 500. When he started manufacturing we rejected 244 screws because there was a blemish on the heads. I later had to ask him to increase the quantity to 600 because orders kept coming in. After I took delivery of the first 600 more orders kept coming. I ended up buying the 244 and polishing out the blemish myself to supply the later orders. I think that alienated the vendor - probably will not be able to go back to him for more work. I still have 72 screws left to sell and don't want to be in this position again.

Tracy

Thanks for the pic Misako. I'm on the lookout for one now! Tracy I know I asked for four hoods. This number could very well increase, price dependent, but for sure four.
Thanks again!
George

Tracy,

I could use two for a VL63. If this comes to pass, and you have any screws left, I'd be up for adding 24 to the hood order..

Thanks for testing the waters with the hoods.

Jeff

Tracey,

I would like at least two if the price works out to be reasonable.

The scope ring screws you made were first class - Thankyou

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back