• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Demand For Sight Hoods

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Tracy I would use 10 of each (20) hoods & would also be happy to help you out with those screws--its great that someone does what you do--we can not help wanting our sako's particurlly older ones to be entire--AUSSIESAKO

Hi Tracy

I will take 10 please, thanks for the effort please keep me posted..

Cheers

Greg Woodbridge

South Africa

I could use 1 and if the price is close to the Brownells I would probably get 4 or 5.

Thanks

m995,
Could you clarify your question? Do mean compared to different Model 75's or with other models like the M85, etc.?
Thanks,
S-A

I believe straight tube hoods and slanted are being discussed. Contact tlans (Tract) directly to see how the planning for the tooling is coming along.
Thanks,
S-A

I am back in NJ. I have been busy with Xmas shopping and visiting relatives. I still have my acitivity director's birthday, a wedding, and new years eve celebration this week.

M995, one of the first things I did was buy a Model 75 hood (the slanted type) from Brownells. It is not similar enough to the straight type to try modify it to use as a substitute.

When I bought it, I called Brownells to see how many were available. I was told that the one they showed in stock was the only one they had. They now show them back in stock. The hoods must still be available from Berreta. I believe the hood transitioned from straight to slanted with Garcia. So many of the models since then may use this hood. The Sako part number is S3300784 -- (The S prefix indicates that it is a spare part.). Check your parts manuals for the sight hood part number for your rifles. I think you will find that many models use this same part number. .

At this time, I don't intend to make any slanted hoods.

I will photograph the hood that I am using as a template and post it on this site. Let me know if it is not what you want.

I will start to bring my database of requests up to date after this weekend.

Happy New Year

Tracy

Tracy,
Happy New Year to you, as well. I'm sure I can speak for everyone and convey our appreciation for you doing this (again). We are all glad to get one or more when we can. Waiting a little is better than not having one:bigsmile3:.
Best Regards,
S-A

I have seen slanted ones on AIV's, AV's, and the 75's (maybe even on the 85's, I will check). If you can get these from Brownells i would buy all I could. You would easily double your money. I have ordered Sako parts from Brownells within the last year and everything seems to be placed on a back order. I have had a few items on back order for well over six months (i just keep checking in with them).

Good luck

emmerth

emmerth,
When it comes to Sako parts on back order, Brownell's is marching to the drum of Berretta. But, if that's the way you have to go, then that's the way it is.
If it's available from Sako, I believe Accuflite has the importer license to get stuff. I know they are getting a bunch of new Small and Medium 85 actions from Sako shortly. Don't know what the rules are (they also may have to go through Beretta) but I'm not getting that impression; meaning the actions are being shipped direct to Accuflite.
Good Luck is right.
You back in the land of snow and ice? Sorry I missed you.
S-A

Latest posts

Back