• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

What scope rings for Sako AV 30-06?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

odesit86

Hello !
I have a Sako AV in 06' caliber .. I bought with scope rings on that .. I bought a scope 1 inch diameter.. but the scope rings are loose at one point at the dovetail ..no matter how tightening a screw..
Maybe scope rings thread scene are shot...

So I just wonder what scope rings will fit Sako AV ? Any suggestion ?

Last edited:
You need to post photos showing what rings you have and what the problem is - then we can help.

There are a multitude of ringmounts & ring/base combinations that are readily available to fit the receiver dovetails on any Sako. It's up to you to determine what diameter rings are needed to fit your scope tube. A quick on-line search will find them. Based on the wording in your inquiry, I recommend you take it to a gunsmith & have him acquire the proper scope mounts & correctly mount the scope. Sako ringmounts or Leupold ringmounts made for the Sako dovetails are the easiest. Good luck!

Sako Vintage rings … first choice
Leupold…popular second choice
Millet…another good choice
Conetrol…tedious chore choice
Redfield…often seen historical choice
Weaver…last resort choice

There are many more…

bloo

Hi Ode,
You may have 26MM scope rings & a 25.4 (1") scope tube.Mr. Icebear is right, a pic. & more info is needed

Thank you guys.. I found on this forum...one member stated that for his AV he bought a
Leupold QR 2 scope rings ...and it hands down best rings...he said
Seems nice ... will try to post pics ..

If you do indeed have original Sako traditional rings look at the bottom of the rings and they will be marked 25.4 if they are 1 inch and 26 if they for a 26 mm scope. Good luck. Jim

Hey.. I played with scope rings and now it's feel sturdy and doesn't have a slack at all...
But I have no clue why it happened before ..and now it's seated ..
Thank you guys..

Latest posts

Back