• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Opening Day!

• Thread starter Deleted member 14372
  • Start date

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Bloo. No marten on my place yet, but our game commission is talking about reintroducing them. We do have weasles and mink, in fact when I was a kid my next door neighbor used to raise mink, he had about a hundred or so.. Do see black bears pretty regularly on the cams, and bobcats once in a while. Lots of coyotes all the time

Attachments

• Bears3.JPG
    Bears3.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Big Bear 2.JPG
    Big Bear 2.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Big Bear.JPG
    Big Bear.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Big Bear 1.JPG
    Big Bear 1.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Bobcat 1.JPG
    Bobcat 1.JPG
    511.6 KB · Views: 23
But the one I leave behind will felt left behind! [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a606a62d3ed12a6e0668f3523add0e8d.jpg

giphy.gif

That is a GIF. Not real.

BD. Hire some porters to carry them all in the woods for you then you can decide at the moment of truth which one to use. Then they won't feel left out. lol

BD .. there was once a fellow here who spoke of carrying 3 rifles at once..one in each hand and the third twirling around between them..somehow…:eek:

Bet he had a scabbard down the middle of his back with butt stock behind his head and bandoliers - one around his waist and 2 in an X acrOSS the chest. That must have been a sight

BD .. there was once a fellow here who spoke of carrying 3 rifles at once..one in each hand and the third twirling around between them..somehow…:eek:

I know some people bring a pistol with them in addition to their rifle.

Opening day 2021 is in the books. We saw the north end of a south bound buck and lots of squirrels. The 85 Bavarian had her maiden voyage. She didn’t get a chance to perform but she looked good anyway!

5e34b8c2c449775094a540423349dcc1.jpg

My son and I drew late season Deer tags by Dubois, open for any deer. 50 tags, 3k applicants. Mule deer will be out of the high country and in full rut in a couple weeks. It opened today, we were up there over the weekend, scouting, trying to find a bull elk, but we were fogged out of the hills on Sunday, so we went to the National Museum of Military Vehicles instead. Incredible 3 hours

Attachments

• 20211030_145932.jpg
    20211030_145932.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20211030_160449.jpg
    20211030_160449.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20211030_171610.jpg
    20211030_171610.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20211031_111843.jpg
    20211031_111843.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 33
My son and I drew late season Deer tags by Dubois, open for any deer. 50 tags, 3k applicants. Mule deer will be out of the high country and in full rut in a couple weeks. It opened today, we were up there over the weekend, scouting, trying to find a bull elk, but we were fogged out of the hills on Sunday, so we went to the National Museum of Military Vehicles instead. Incredible 3 hours
I was there in September and the smoke was so thick we had to pass on some pictures.

5817d83eb0f96c0e65d2cf94b700933b.jpg

Sako 85 Bavarian stock, 7mm 08, about 80 yards, neck shot out of a tree stand (all he showed me was his head and neck). Would have been a bullseye at the range. Never a doubt about these accurate rifles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Berniesdad,
All your hard work last summer paid off!! Hope you have many more happy days on your property. Like you, Greyfox has a new property to hunt,I am waiting for him to connect with a nice buck soon. About taking a pistol to the stand, I do just that, here in GA you never know if Mr. Ratteler, or Mocassin may have taken up at your box stand. a pistol is easier to handle than a rifle at close range, and 22s are still available. Good luck!! B/T

Thanks B/T 35 yards with a Tenpoint Bow, our gun season doesn't come in until the Sat after Thanksgiving. But truth be told I would rather Archery hunt than gun hunt. So my Buck season is over here in Pa, going to use my 86 Win to harvest a doe - try to pick a gun each year that haven'the shot for a while. Going to try to get to the range in the next week to ensure my old eyes can still handle the open sights. LOL

Looks like that 10th point was trying to grow!

Nice deer!

921207d0238b2eee131b1ff0977b94c1.png

Thanks BD. Yeah 10th point was just a nub but happy with him The bucks were chasing big time yesterday, had 4 legal bucks chase a doe past me about an hour prior to seeing this one. When he came across the doe's trail he headed the wrong way coming in the direction the doe came from instead of where she went, lucky for me but bad for him, otherwise would not have had a shot at him.

Last edited:
going to use my 86 Win to harvest a doe - try to pick a gun each year that haven't shot for a while.
I also like to take a gun hunting which I haven't hunted with recently. I've already taken a hog with my vintage L61R .264 and a buck with my vintage L61R .30-06 this year, so I'll pick another to hunt with on the next outing. An acquaintance has asked for a doe, and I have a spot where the shots are pretty close, so I may leave the scoped Sakos in the safe and use either a M94 .25-35 or an old M98 8x57 still in full military dress. Then there's that beautiful Mannlicher-Schoenaur .270 with its fantastic double set triggers that has never seen a deer in its sights . . . decisions, decisions!

Back