• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 Need set of Finnwolf bases to duplicte for sale!

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

dzywina

I need aset of Sako V63 original dovetail bases for my gun, but have a friend who could make sets available for sale? would like recommendations whether you would want then made from tool steel or aircraft grade aluminum? I know most want original steel like myself, but just posting to see responce? I see differrent styles of Sako dovetail bases are there several differrent styles? cheers Dale in Canada

Dale,
If you are referring to the Finnwolf only, I think the dove tails are all the same on that one. They were not manufactured over a great period of time and I don't suspect a design change would have occurred.
"Misako" - what say you? Need another opinion from someone who actually owns one.
S-A

My vote is for steel. I can blue that. The seem to be the same for all of the Finnwolfs.-Misako

I agree with Misako, all the Finnwolfs I have seen all have the same dovetail bases(from the first yr. production to the last yr.). If you are taking orders, make mine steel !!

I am not taking orders as I do not have a set to show my friend who can make new bases for those who need a set badly! I will have to wait till I locate a set for myself up here in Canada, once found will let you know the price per set of steel blued bases, cheers Dale in Canada

Latest posts

Back