• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L61r deluxe stock

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

The one in the photos is what I call a BMW, meaning "been messed with".
It looks as if the sling attachment swivel in the rear is original,
however the front has been replaced with a stud.
The butt pad is a replacement and not original and
there has been an attempt to "bed the action" as evidenced by the bedding compound.
The fact that it has the contrasting fore end tip and skip line checkering marks it as having been a Deluxe.
Now it is a BMW.

The pre garcia Sako has a smaller diameter barrel, hence the true indicator will be the diameter of the barrel channel.
It appears the recoil lug is the same type found on the pre garcia guns. However the recoil lug can be easily changed.
I always shy away from any stock that has been glassed.
Now if the seller offers returns, you have nothing to lose, except your gun will now have the horrible looking recoil pad.

Well this is my old stock it's at 1968 L61r was looking to dress it up. And the guy offered me a 100%refund if I didn't like the stock. IMG_0134.JPG

Well . . . it all depends on your judgment. The Deluxe has a silver inlayed floor plate that runs around $350.00 . . . if you can find one. So . . . your gun with the Deluxe stock will be lacking the proper floor plate. And if and when . . . it comes up for sale, all Deluxe buyers will be offended because it has the wrong floor plate.

It's a airloom. Never gonna be up for sale! I watch ebay every day if a deluxe floor plate ever comes up for sale I'll be buying it

Oh. . . a heirloom . . . Hmmmmmm . . . . I always thought items that were heirlooms . . . were best restored back to the original item . . . but hey . . . your in Texas . . . and what ever Texans do . . . they do.

hello enotstehw I am from Argentina. I want to ask you about the bolt (bolt) of the Sako L61R rifle that you put on sale. It is important to know the caliber of the rifle. If it's still available, I'd like to see more pictures to see if they match the model of my rifle. I would like you to reply me quickly so that I can confirm or not the purchase
Thank you and greetings from Buenos Aires

Latest posts

Back