• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L57 Trigger Adjustment

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

The butane and propane are just propellants (although I guess when briefly in liquid form they could have some solvent qualities.) Many an old farmer has gone many a mile with his tires inflated with propane from the tank in the back of his pickup truck, mostly without mishap. But you wanna talk about dangerous -- think of a beauty salon with about a half-dozen of those canned hand grenades called "hair spray" discharging constantly!

As with most "gun scrubber" aerosols you won't hurt your trigger by dousing it, but it might not get inside as well as a soak in a liquid solvent would. No need to worry about the stock finish since you'll have the metal completely out of the stock to work on it, anyway.

I finished my trigger job on my L57. It turned out to be a pretty simple fix. I've got it adjusted to a consistent 2.75 lb crisp pull. The first thing I did was give it a good cleaning which helped. Then I went to work adjusting screws B and E. I installed screw E to a point where about 1 to 1.5 threads were showing. Before I began my job, the overtravel screw (E) had been screwed in all the way so the lock nut could be used on screw B. I'm convinced this was definitely part of the problem. The gunk was the other part. I then screwed in B until I felt resistance and started playing with it until I was satisfied the sear would engage and it wouldn't slam fire. I backed off 1/4 turns checking pull weight and at a little over 1 turn I had it down to 2.75 lb. and I stopped. While trying to figure out if my L57 trigger needs a lock nut on screw E, I only found pictures that show no lock nut. Plus, the 1960 catalog introduces the #4 trigger and it does not have a lock nut. As a matter of fact if you removed the safety from the 1960 #4 trigger it looks exactly like the #2 trigger on my L57. The 1961 catalog shows a slight change to the body of the trigger, and the mid 60 catalog shows another slight change to the body of the #4. I would guess that Sako wanted to add the lock nut to screw E and they made the necessary change in 1961. Just a guess though. I didn't use the lock nut, so I used a small dash of nail polish which has worked well for me in the past.

Sako #2 and #4 trigger.jpg

This is a model approach to this kind of problem. Thanks for sharing; I'm sure many of us will learn from the way you have handled it.

I didn't use the lock nut, so I used a small dash of nail polish which has worked well for me in the past.
It used to be so embarrassing for a guy to go into Walgreens to buy a bottle of clear nail polish that you would try to get your wife or girlfriend to do it for you. Nowadays no one even bats an eye. By the same token, Walgreens used to sell Sakos! Nowadays many people wouldn't even venture into the store if they saw a display of rifles behind the counter.

Latest posts

Back