• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Hang-tag serial number list

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hey guys,
Just wondering about the hang-tag serial number list and why no one continued updating it after "Sako one" put it out in 1983. Anyway, I am looking at a Sako that has a serial number on the list! Anyone out there have one on the list? Also, Did the list come from factory records or from individual Sako Collectors Association members? So anyway, I wish to nominate Sala-Ampuja, AKA S-A, to be the new curator of the list due to his mercurial rise from a mere peasant to the position of Site Administrator. Yes I know....S-A the S-A:bigsmile3:
Regards, Will

Will,
As a matter of fact, and if you are really interested (some of your questions are noted on the list, but what to trust is the issue) - this issue is being spoken of at this very time by the admins under the direction of L61R himself. This peasant was invited to be a part of the admins. No money changed hands......really. :wink2:
S-A
P.S. Buy the rifle! Your wife needs another one :evil2:

Hey S-A,
I am very interested if this is being pursued! I think we here have a great opportunity to solidly document the Sako hunting rifles. I am still perplexed that there is no one out there that can verify what happened during the transition from F.I. to Garcia and to Stoeger as well. Were no records kept? Have all the employees passed away? Anyway, congrats to you S-A for your selection to site administrator! You all do a great job here, and my thanks to you. As far as the rifle uhh....that my wife is buying, she said there are some interesting things about it that may require some input. I'll keep the guru's informed.
Regards, Will

I've purchased practically all of my Sakos second-hand, therefore I have very few hang tags or boxes, but I believe that I do have three verified dates to add to the list (an L461, an A-I, and an M581). I'm sure that several other of the now nearly 900 members also have some hang tag dates to add. Let us know when and how to do that!

Stonecreek,
Information will be forthcoming. Jim is now close to being home and has some ideas. It's kind of like accounting for all the dishes a certain administration took from the White House when they left office. I am trying to get information from known factory workers in Finland as well. This is a HUGE task, and I can't imagine ever coming up with a complete list - and with the 27 year gap in Sako One's list and the information on the Sako.fi site it's going to be tough. Also, one list goes by serial number and caliber (which I like) and the other is by action types. So, there you have it. It won't be online tomorrow.:sad2:
S-A

I have updated some of the hang tag info and up loaded the files.I got busy with work and have not had the time to complete it.I used excell to create the new files if need be i can start working on them again
Scott

Scott,

I'll look up the info on my three or so guns and send it to you if you are ready for it. Should others do the same, or would it be premature?

No, if anyone has hang tag info please pm it that way I have it when I start making the files again which will be this weekend while watching football this weekend

Latest posts

Back