• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Are you looking for an L46 in Hornet?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

ricksengines

Sako-addicted
Well campers there is one on GI that looks great! Price is almost $3200. That is a ton of money considering...…

Just thought I would mention this one.

rick

That one had some of the nicest wood that I had seen on a Hornet.

Not sure what the condition was on it, but if it was 95 or better I would say it was worth the money.

Missing original sling swivels. The trigger guard & magazine look much more highly polished than the rest of the gun, with not a bit of bluing wear. Can't say one way or the other without a hands on. Very nice rifle, regardless.

I knew it wouldn't last long. They just don't come up for sale that often, and are in high demand. Where's the sister sporter in Bee ? I'd be all over that one.

I'm sure the new owner is real happy right now.
DeerGoose

Even as Sako collectors, I think we may forget how scarce some of these guns really are. I didn't see the ad for the Hornet, but I know it would take more than $3200.00 to get mine. Here is a picture of one of the hardest to get, Sako quadruplets, starting at the top is a 7X33 with the real early up swing safety, a 218 Bee, 22 Hornet and a 222. Although the 222 is not rare, this one is an early model with nice Walnut and not the pale Birch wood you see in many of the early guns. It is also older than the Hornet and completes the set with 4 attractive and several real rare guns.

Another hard part of collecting these Sakos, is finding the scopes and bases that fit the era of these guns. The B&L Balvar scopes are a nice compliment with the Kuharsky bases as well. The sight base on the 7X33 doesn't allow the same scope/base group, I just haven't had time to grind that sight base off yet...

thumbnail_IMG_6504.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6505.jpg

Latest posts

Back