• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 Finnwolf assembly help!

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Ok I have tried holding my mouth right, stayed over at church, and helped old ladies across the street and I still cannot for the life of me get this rifle put back together properly. Is there a video, or detailed instructions I am missing? My main issue is with I guess timing and gear placement. Is there a secret to getting this thing back together and shooting? Every time I think I have it right either the bolt won’t go forward enough, or it won’t move at all. I have since taken the rifle to my gunsmith whom apparently is having the same issue, however he is more patient than me. Is anyone near NW Florida that knows the trick? I’m paying... any help is appreciated. Sad part is I have two other wolfs that are together and working fine, and I will never take them apart after this nightmare. The gun was disassembled to replace the hammer, now it won’t go back together.

The Finnwolf is notoriously difficult to reassemble. I've never taken one apart myself, but the word is that the Finnwolf is an absolute nightmare to work on. I hope you can find a smith who is experienced with them. You might try contacting SakoSource (a forum sponsor, see ad at top of page) for a reference. There are a couple of major Finnwolf fans who are members here; perhaps one of them can help. You can also try searching through old posts for helpful information. There's one called Finnwolf assembly that has a little bit of useful information.

I have a vague recollection that a gunsmith somewhere out west (SW?) was recommended on the Forum years ago as being a Finnwolf expert. I know, that doesn't help you one bit, but maybe searching the Forum archives will.

I got curious myself:

I did a very quick Forum search but couldn't verify my recollection. However, I did come up with a couple of possibilities, albeit possibly dated. A thorough Forum search likely will reveal more. This question has been asked on the Forum before.

Accuflite Arms in PA; Talk to James Bartols, owner. (Source is possibly "sketchy" but worth a call)

https://grizzlygunworks.com in Canada. I looked them up and here's the Canadian TOLL-FREE number: 1 (866) 627-8933 Apparently one of their gunsmiths totally re-assembled a Finnwolf while engaged in conversation with the customer, a Canadian SCC Forum member. Quite a feat! The member was "kuntao" back in 2010; (Note: Grizzlygunworks has several US locations, too. Maybe you can get a US gunsmith referral from a Grizzlygunworks Canadian gunsmith...maybe an "old timer"...maybe the gunsmith who worked on kuntao's Finnwolf! )

Todd Ramirez at the Beretta Gallery in Dallas, per Forum member Deergoose in 2005. (I'd PM Deergoose who is very active on the Forum)

Try this TX gunsmith: [email protected] (Forum date: 2005)

EXPLODED FINNWOLF RIFLE DRAWING: https://www.gundigeststore.com/prod...r-action-rifle-exploded-gun-drawing-download/

I didn't find my phantom gunsmith out west, but maybe some of these old resources will lead you to a very knowledgeable Finnwolf gunsmith. Many of these leads might be dated. My guess is if you can find an "old timer" gunsmith who really knew Finnwolfs "like the back of his hand" you probably will get a referral to a current smith who can help you.

It's just a mystery to solve!!!

Please let the rest of us know what you find.

And good luck!

northernlights

Latest posts

Back