• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako shooter from the UK introducing hmself.

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hello to everyone from the flat agricultural lands of eastern England.

I'm a retired UK police constable and keen shooter/reloader. I've held a UK Firearm Certificate since 1972, and I hold the Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1 (DSC.1).

I currently own three Sako rifles:

1. A Finnfire Varmint (.22LR, obviously).

2. An 85 Finnlight in 6.5 x 55m which is my primary deer stalking rifle.

3. My latest toy: a 75 Varmint in .223 Rem. I'm currently at Stage 1 of working up a load for this, having only owned it for about a week.

I hope to learn a lot, and possibly share some information or dispel some myths about UK shooting.

maximus otter

Those components sound like excellent medicine for popping varmints. If you wanted to step up to a 55 grain bullet your new .223 would make a fine Roe gun (if legal in the U.K.)

Those components sound like excellent medicine for popping varmints. If you wanted to step up to a 55 grain bullet your new .223 would make a fine Roe gun (if legal in the U.K.)

Oddly enough .223 is legal for roe in Scotland, but not in England or Wales. Apparently we breed them tougher down South! (The law in Scotland requires a minimum of 50 grain bullet, 2450fps and 1,000 foot-pounds of muzzle energy).

My plan is to develop a 40 grain handload for quarry up to and including fox, then find a heavier-bullet load (either factory- or reloaded) which shoots to the same POI for opportunistic shots at muntjac or Chinese water deer.

maximus otter

Hello Maximus,

I live and was born in England UK and I too have the Deer Stalking Level 1 certificate, and I too have had a FAC since 1972! Very nice to have a Scott on board. My son Silas collects flags and every Saint Andrews Day 30th November we fly the Saltire. Also on that day we feast on Haggis and drink a fine Single Malt! The law does need to be changed in England so that we too can legally shoot Roe Deer with .222 Rem., .222 Rem. Magnum., .223 Rem., .22 - 250 Rem., and .220 Swift. rifles!

Blackjack

Latest posts

Back