• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako’s & Game Fall 2023

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Agree, it’s an amazing photo. I realize the audience here is worldwide but, the rarity of the rifle with the trophy taken is more than newsworthy !!
Yes … plus the fact that Spaher went thru the despair and stress with the unforeseen malfunction. Being able to repair and put a prototype or “test rifle” back in service to this extent is outstanding.

(I also can’t take my mind away from the Model 72 checkering pattern and black grip cap..this is the most amazing test rifle I’ve ever seen)😁

Last edited:
Additionally…when I say “test rifle” , I mean it only jokingly…The A73 as far as I see it is probably the rarest of all Sako’s on the planet. Just saying 😏

Hey! These two kids are having a great season with their Grandpa's Sakos. The one who took a hog has now taken a very old buck on the downhill slide. His dad said that it hardly had a tooth in its head. One shot, L579 .22-250 Deluxe at 125 yards.
briandeer.jpg

In the meantime, his brother took a doe with an H&R Ultrawildcat (L461) in .223, one shot at 130 yards.
bradydeer.jpg

Hey! These two kids are having a great season with their Grandpa's Sakos. The one who took a hog has now taken a very old buck on the downhill slide. His dad said that it hardly had a tooth in its head. One shot, L579 .22-250 Deluxe at 125 yards.
View attachment 32787

In the meantime, his brother took a doe with an H&R Ultrawildcat (L461) in .223, one shot at 130 yards.
View attachment 32788
Two handsome Grandsons,
Apples don't fall far from the tree! Keep them close,
All the best to you & family. B/T
P.S. Had 3 0f 4 Great Grandsons last night over for dinner.
All future Sako owners, Heaven was never so close!!

Two handsome Grandsons,
Apples don't fall far from the tree! Keep them close,
All the best to you & family. B/T
P.S. Had 3 0f 4 Great Grandsons last night over for dinner.
All future Sako owners, Heaven was never so close!!
These two grandsons belong to a close friend and fellow Sako enthusiast. But I have two of my own who have taken plenty of game with their very own Sakos, gifted by yours truly a few Christmases ago.

Well, the boys' dad finally scored himself -- "big" time. He said that this big bruiser required four shots from his Bofors .30-06 before putting it on the ground. How about 300 pounds of sausage, anyone?

Dhoggg.jpg

Number management can be unpleasant. 2 shooters.
Spaher, I meant to ask earlier, are these management kills donated to any sort of charity organization or shelter? In Oregon we passed legislation which allows for the harvest of certain road kill like deer and elk, which can then be donated. Strict rules and regulations apply - obviously the road kill is fresh. During the migration period it can be like running the gauntlet in the evening, so practically everyone has a stout brush guard.

Deer are tired, hunters more so. Still hunting and current count is 297 deer harvested, 150 bucks & 147 does with goal of 360. Optimism is that fawn crop/survival is close to 100% & quality of bucks remaining across all age groups look better than ever for future seasons. Photos to follow later on what hopes pinned on…

Last edited:
Amazing count of deer taken and more to go!! I can't imagine how many deer you have on the property. WOW

Latest posts

Back