• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Christmas List - SAKO BigFoots (do they exist ??!!)

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Jim

The first VL63 you wrote. Is that the gun mentioned in the Sako 1921/1971 book that vanished in a photo session?

Some of the big collectors are very shy . . . to post anything. Maybe they are hoping to snag another fake, at a great bargain, and add it to their stash.

Anyone spotting a Deluxe 7 x 33 or a 25-20 Deluxe without the deluxe trigger guard . . . please . . . play it safe . . . and allow me to be the fool and purchase it.

Enotstehw as mentioned before ones been found you just need to buy it!

http://www.gunsinternational.com/SAKO-Vixen-Deluxe-7-x-33.cfm?gun_id=100365718

Please post some photos up when you get it home!

On a serious note your comment about "big collectors being shy" why is that? There are a couple of guys I know of in Australia (but not personally) that have very big collections. It would be really great to have those guys contribute to the forum in some way. I often wonder if they follow this forum or not?

Anyway I am still waiting in the hope that one day I'll see a deluxe .22 hornet, 7x33, 25-20 or 218 bee posted up here that has the engraved floor plate and caliber stamp in the magazine. Until then I think its always going to be controversial. I would have thought if Mims Reed or Jim Lutes had one as they said there would be photos of it kicking around somewhere?

The 7 x 33 Deluxe is in my safe now. You can see the photos on guns international.
I know a guy on the left coast. We call and talk about Sako's.
He has very pre 72 Sako mannlicher. And he had made it clear to me that he wants to remain invisible. If I disclose his name or address, then I'm not a true friend. I honor my friends requests.

Again if a fake 7 x 33 Deluxe pops up . . . please don't buy it. Allow me to make a fool of myself.

The 7 x 33 Deluxe is in my safe now.

Awesome stuff enotstehw. Santa has come early to you!

Do you know if this is the one Mims mentions in the newsletter or is it a different one? You could well have one of the most collectable sako's on the planet. If I get back to the US one day I hope you let me visit and have a look at her!

In regards to your friend remaining invisible that's perfectly understandable. However, on the forum you really only know peoples users name, hence your pretty invisible in that sense I suppose.

Anyway great stuff. Looks like you now have a captured "Bigfoot" :D.

Cheers John

The 7 x 33 Deluxe was purchased in July of 2013 from a guy in Pennsylvania. He made no mention of the former owner. I could contact him for more information.

I too thought it was fake, however the seller offered a three day inspection. So . . . I was out only the shipping . . . if it was a dog.

Upon hands on inspection . . . she was a keeper at the price I paid.

I do remember a photo of Jim Lutes with over 100 Sako's in the backround in one of the Sako news letters. A few L46 Deluxe's may be in the back round.

The 7 x 33 Deluxe was purchased in July of 2013 from a guy in Pennsylvania. He made no mention of the former owner. I could contact him for more information.

I too thought it was fake, however the seller offered a three day inspection. So . . . I was out only the shipping . . . if it was a dog.

Upon hands on inspection . . . she was a keeper at the price I paid.

I do remember a photo of Jim Lutes with over 100 Sako's in the backround in one of the Sako news letters. A few L46 Deluxe's may be in the back round.
Always keen to learn more about these rifles.
What where the features that showed the 7x33 deluxe originality?
L-46

Sorry enotstehw, I didn't realise you were the seller! You kept this one quiet when you landed it!:cool:

I too would love to know more about it. Stonecreek mentioned this was from the second production run of L46 so it makes it late enough for things to fit with a deluxe. Is this correct? If you don't mind me asking what is the serial no. approximately? I have seen one other 7x33 (a standard rifle) from this second production run serial no. 805XX (photo's around of it too) and it also had the rear ramp site.

Anyway I would also love to hear more about the rifle. I'd be knocking the guys door down you brought it off to try and find out as much about it as possible if it were me. Its definitely a very very interesting rifle! It could also as well as being the only 7x33 deluxe made also be the last 7x33 sako ever chambered if its from the second production run and serial number above the one mentioned!

Interesting stuff!

Cheers John

In my humble opinion gentlemen the 7x33 deluxe on guns international is most likely a bitsa. If it were the real deal the for end rosewood tip would be angled IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION . as the early deluxe s the first DELUXE'S didn't have that configuration i am very sure but have been proven wrong before. but i am fairly sure on this one. That gun should have a rosewood fore end angled in the opposite direction.

John

The serial number is 84xxx range. I got a phone call from a big collector on the left coast. Asking the same question about the serial number. He said . . . . . he also has a 7x33 Deluxe and it did not have the engraved floorplate.

That's when the price went from $3000.00 to $7400.00

I also have a sako vixen deluxe stock . . . no barrel or action, with the rosewood slanting in the opposite direction . . . however it has the fire red dot and area cut out for the new bolt safety. Where the stock on the 7 x 33 Deluxe does not have the fire red dot or the area cut out for the thumb safety.

Now . . . go figure on that one for a while.

cheers my friends

84,ooo+ is unusual must be from unused stock or a special run was initiated by a dealer or most likely a European walk in number could be different around the world I HAVE NOTICED THIS before. Never seen a L57 in 257 rob unless re-chambered.

I also have a sako vixen deluxe stock . . . no barrel or action, with the rosewood slanting in the opposite direction . . . however it has the fire red dot and area cut out for the new bolt safety. Where the stock on the 7 x 33 Deluxe does not have the fire red dot or the area cut out for the thumb safety.
Rick, could you post some photos of that stock? I can't quite follow whether it is for an L46 or L461, but it sounds very interesting.

I think the serial number would be in the second run of L46's all previous reports from the old Scc Finnmark, stated that the last was around 824xx. If it is at 84xxx and an L46 than it sounds like the last of the last!
L-46

Not a problem posting photos. I break out the wife's camera on Monday

The house is full of relatives . . . . ya know the Christmas thing is going on here.

Here's the standard 7x33 I mentioned from the second run of L46's. L61r posted this one up a while back. Interesting that it looks like they made a few 7x33 in this second run.
riihimki late 7x33.JPG

Will be really great to see some photo's Rick of your beauty when you get a chance!

Cheers John

Again.....how many rifles were built on this second run?

I have a bunch of L46s, but none from the second run.

DeerGoose

Again.....how many rifles were built on this second run?

I have a bunch of L46s, but none from the second run.

DeerGoose
I'm not sure that anyone knows. The serial numbers appear to have been intermingled with L461's coming off of the line contemporaneously.

DeerGoose I think Jim (L6r) mentioned that he thought the run was 2500 rifles and they ran from 80 000 to 82 500. At one stage we had a thread running to see if anyone had a L461 with a serial number in that range and I don't think one was found, but can't remember or find the thread now.

From what i have seen, it looks like the numbers are separate to the L461 numbers, starting around 80xxx and running to 824xx as L61 has posted a while back.
I have seen a few L46's in the second run now, but not a L461 in this number range,
L-46

Latest posts

Back