• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Found a stock in AU. How do I get it here?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

ricksengines

Sako-addicted
So, I found a stock in AU that will fit my L579. Cost including shipping should be under $400 USD. Can it be shipped to me from AU? Do I need a Form 6 and an Import license? Grrrrr. Red tape over a piece of plastic. Holy Crudd Tarts Batman.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

rick

No import license, just a customs declaration form,, list item as plastic stock or similar.
The SHIPPER declares the contents, then ships - that simple.

Many Thanks GreyFox. This is a private person. SO all they need do is to fill out a AU Customs Declaration. List the item as a plastic or synthetic stock and ship directly to me. Sounds simple enough. I just don't want to see the owner or me get wrapped around the axle for doing this and then get hammered for violating some unknown law or requirement.

rick

Rick - It depends on the person behind the counter and how you describe it.
I sent a scope to Arizona - UPS said the could not ship it because it was a "firearm"! When I described it as a telescope (Aluminum tube with lenses) they said OK!
Personally, I wouldn't put "rifle stock" I'd list it as Synthetic Stock or something similar.

This is a private sale. We are going to describe it as 'Plastic Stock'. That is what it is and that should suffice for a description.

rick

"Parts" for firearms (not including receivers or barrels) can be imported into the U.S. without a firearms import license if valued at not more than $100.

Hi Stone

This one is going to be more than that. One the right side. MY local FFL is willing to import from AU as long as it is a 1 or 2 zee deal. They have checked with ATF and it looks like it can happen without an import/export license as long as it on that level. Form 6 is all that will be needed so I might just get my 7x33 and 25-20 yet!

rick

Not sure about what regulations exist shipping from AU to the US or maybe it is our free trade agreement, But all I ever put on the customs declaration is fiberglass stock and have never had a problem shipping to the US. I know a gun builder that used to buy my l461 stocks used to have me declare them as a fiberglass moulding for Australian importation before he retired.
http://wildcatcomposites.com/

As far as I know, there would be no restrictions for exporting this from Oz.

We only get hung up about telescopic / adjustable stocks which adjust more than a few inches and even then the focus is import not export.

Latest posts

Back