• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Was there ever an L46 Mannlicher Carbine?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

icebear

Sako-addicted
Have any of you ever seen or heard of an L46 Mannlicher-style carbine? The full-length, full-stock rifle is fairly common, but I have never seen or heard of a carbine-length L46 in .222 or any other caliber. An L469, yes - I have one in .222 Magnum. But not an actual L46. Anybody know if such a thing exists?

Here's an L469 carbine in .222 Magnum. It has the late style stock with the raised cheekpiece. I suspect this is pretty rare - anybody know how many L469 carbines were made?
Was there ever an L46 Mannlicher Carbine? Was there ever an L46 Mannlicher Carbine?

Yeah there are a few L46 Fullwood carbines in this neck of the woods. Not super common but they pop up from time to time. Below is my warhorse in .222. Its shot some stuff in its time! I really like the 20 inch barrel.
Was there ever an L46 Mannlicher Carbine? Was there ever an L46 Mannlicher Carbine? Was there ever an L46 Mannlicher Carbine? Was there ever an L46 Mannlicher Carbine?

Thanks Tops, looks like you've taken some game with that one! I'll be on the lookout now that I know the L46 carbine exists.

IIRC, they came with both 20" & 24" bbls and two piece & one piece stocks. If I haven't "misremembered" there is photographic evidence here somewhere.

This could be some of the worst news you could hear, but I bought one in a 218 Bee. When I got it, the stock had been broken at the wrist and the rear Sako ring was dented...

Was there ever an L46 Mannlicher Carbine? Was there ever an L46 Mannlicher Carbine? Was there ever an L46 Mannlicher Carbine?

Ouch!!!! Is that the long barrel version? Cardboard boxes don't offer much protection, but as hard as that got hit I'm not sure anything would have helped short of a steel box.

Sorry to see this. Another rare one is damaged by careless packaging and handling during shipping evidently. Hope that you can recover some of the loss and might be fortunate enough to find a replacement stock. I found long ago that the best investment is to pay the seller for insured shipment in a hard case. Sakojim.

Poor packaging can result in scratches and bruises, but abuse like that is the fault of the shipping company. At the very best it demonstrates gross negligence and at the worst it is the result of intentional and malicious depredation.

I beg shippers not to use UPS since (1) the incidence of broken guns appears higher than with Fedex or the Postal Service, and (2) I've had absolutely no success in getting UPS to pay anything on insured damaged goods. "Faulty packaging" is always what they come back with when denying a claim -- even when the forklift tracks across the mangled box hint at something else. Regardless of what kind of "protection" you attempt to surround a gun with -- bubble wrap, foam-lined case, triple box -- nothing can withstand running over it with a forklift.

Back