• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Wanted 3 round flat bottomed magazine for Sako Finnwolf

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Those magazines come up for sale on a fairly regular basis. If I needed one, I wouldn't bid too high. Another will come along. And, of course if you continue to follow the market after securing one, you'll soon see a steal on the same item. Right? Well, they actually are a good investment if the price is low. Demand is constant.

Why don't you buy a new sight hood for it also? They don't look right without one. Brownells might still carry brand-new ones for small money. It will seem like chicken-feed once you paid (and paid {sorry}) for your mag.

It is a real sharp-looking Finnwolf. Streaky wood.

Did you buy the rifle without the mag? Lose it? I knew about the mag situation before I bought mine. I guard the mag with my life when I'm in the field.

Those magazines come up for sale on a fairly regular basis. If I needed one, I wouldn't bid too high. Another will come along. And, of course if you continue to follow the market after securing one, you'll soon see a steal on the same item. Right? Well, they actually are a good investment if the price is low. Demand is constant.

Why don't you buy a new sight hood for it also? They don't look right without one. Brownells might still carry brand-new ones for small money. It will seem like chicken-feed once you paid (and paid {sorry}) for your mag.

It is a real sharp-looking Finnwolf. Streaky wood.

Did you buy the rifle without the mag? Lose it? I knew about the mag situation before I bought mine. I guard the mag with my life when I'm in the field.

I still have the magazine, I just feel better having a spare...

Oh, in that case, I'd just keep checking GB and E-Bay. They come up from time to time. Expect to pay over 300.00 new in package. Maybe something usable for less. How about a sight hood?

I think I felt the same way as you until I got used to the idea that I can buy a nice gun for less than that kind of money. I'll just be VERY CAREFUL with my mag. (I haven't shot my Finnwolf since last deer season.) Its hunting days might be over anyway.

Now I hate to say this, but I just bought an entire gun, and a nice one, (Remington 700 Classic .243 95% w/scope 299.00 + tax) for what you'll pay for a clip. Just sayin' because I was considering a second Finnwolf magazine awhile back.

iwanna, shame on you...buying something other than a Sako. lol I agree with your philosophy but I do have a couple spare mags for both my 3 and 4 rounders. However, I did not pay the crazy prices that they are selling for on the auction sites. Every so often a good deal pops up on-line for mags but I have always seemed to do pretty well at my local gun shows. They don't always have Sako mags but when they do, they are usually priced very well.

Now, if I lost my only mag in woods while hunting and I knew that there was no chance of ever finding it, I would be glad to pay the $300 for a new one.

If I saw a Finnwolf mag at a show for 150.00, I'd pounce. I've never taken my Finnwolf anywhere in the woods I wouldn't be willing to crawl back over on my hands and knees looking for my lost mag.

Truthfully, like most of the others, I've owned (own) the other brands. Not many keep my interest like the Sakos. Although, I always put in a good word for the Sauer 202 I had for awhile.

Back