sight screw plugs

Discussion in 'Sako 75, 85 and A7' started by mjh1986, Jan 12, 2018.

1. mjh1986

mjh1986 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Idaho
    Hey all,
    I just bought a sako 75 deluxe. The factory irons were pulled an i was wondering if anyone knew the screw demensions for the plugs. I would assume they are machine thread, but want to make sure.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mitch

2. Hillcountry

Hillcountry Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Mississippi
    Welcome aboard Mitch! You’ll find some experienced SAKO folks on this board. My recommendation for you regarding “irons plugs” is to contact:

Sakosource.com.

They advertise on the banner ads on this board. I picked up original Sako scope mounts from Sakosource - excellent service

HC

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I'm not all that familiar with the Model 75 Deluxe, but I doubt that it came with factory sights. If that is the case, then the sight holes would have been D&T by a gunsmith and would be whatever size and thread he used, typically a 6x42 (?) I think. Check a gunsmith supply like Brownell's to see what they offer.

4. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    If it was D&T'd by a smith here in the states it's probably has 6x48 screw threads. Some sights came with 6x40 & a very few with 8x40. Most any smith will have all these in stock & it's a simple matter to check what there are.

5. mjh1986

mjh1986 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Idaho
    The deluxe model iron sights were an option. The previous owner of the rifle removed them to put on a cheap scope. I found brownells catalogs factory open sights and I think I'll go that route. I think cosmeticaly a 375 h&h needs some iron the barrel