• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

sight screw plugs

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

mjh1986

Hey all,
I just bought a sako 75 deluxe. The factory irons were pulled an i was wondering if anyone knew the screw demensions for the plugs. I would assume they are machine thread, but want to make sure.
Thanks in advance,
Mitch

Hey all,
I just bought a sako 75 deluxe. The factory irons were pulled an i was wondering if anyone knew the screw demensions for the plugs. I would assume they are machine thread, but want to make sure.
Thanks in advance,
Mitch
Welcome aboard Mitch! You’ll find some experienced SAKO folks on this board. My recommendation for you regarding “irons plugs” is to contact:

Sakosource.com.

They advertise on the banner ads on this board. I picked up original Sako scope mounts from Sakosource - excellent service

HC

I'm not all that familiar with the Model 75 Deluxe, but I doubt that it came with factory sights. If that is the case, then the sight holes would have been D&T by a gunsmith and would be whatever size and thread he used, typically a 6x42 (?) I think. Check a gunsmith supply like Brownell's to see what they offer.

If it was D&T'd by a smith here in the states it's probably has 6x48 screw threads. Some sights came with 6x40 & a very few with 8x40. Most any smith will have all these in stock & it's a simple matter to check what there are.

The deluxe model iron sights were an option. The previous owner of the rifle removed them to put on a cheap scope. I found brownells catalogs factory open sights and I think I'll go that route. I think cosmeticaly a 375 h&h needs some iron the barrel

Latest posts

Back