• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

sako triggers

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

leesako

Lee here wanting to know some info on Sako triggers. Are they all marked with the finland stamp? How many different triggers did they use? Were they different by time period or by model? Any info would be great, or where I am new to the forum, if this info is available on the forum already......Direction on where to find it would be great...thanks.....lee

Hi Lee and welcome to the forum. If you do a search you should be able to find some information. Are you interested in triggers from a specific model?
Here you will find a bit of a comparison I did on a few different triggers for the L & A series sako's http://www.sakocollectors.com/forum/threads/sako-target-trigger-info.7739/#post-36733 Even within the L series there were a couple of different trigger configurations and yes they changed over time.

Cheers John

Last edited:
Hello leesako and Welcome to the SCC!

Sako used a few different triggers that were based on the same design, sometimes implimenting modifications in the factory to adapt to changes in the safety location and function as in the early L57's bolt safety changing to the L579's trigger safety. Sako doesn't waste anything so they just made the necessary changes to the existing triggers on hand.
Other triggers show up on occasion, some are aftermarket like Canjar and Timmney while some just have no explaination.

You will soon learn that one can never say never when it comes to Sako rifles...Its what keeps all us Sakohaulics going. There is more info here in these forums than possibly anywhere else so just keep searching and asking questions.

And we love photos...you could post a photo of your trigger and see if anyone here has some info to help you out.~Bloorooster

Last edited:
Here is a photo of my model 72's trigger. Through research on the web, the trigger blade was definitely used in some sako /tikka triggers, but I have found none just like this yet. Like I said before I can't find a stamp. So any info is appreciated. I have been searching the forum as well, but still learning to navigate.
2015-03-10 14.02.52.jpg

Lee that's a very different trigger to anything I have ever seen and to me looks like it might be an aftermarket/home made/modified from a rimfire job. I'm no 72 expert so maybe someone with more experience on the 72's will chime into the discussion and let you know.

Latest posts

Back