• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L46 Sako l46 riihimaki .222 scope fitting

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hello. What is the best solution for fitting a scope on the sako l46 riihimaki .222? I'm having problems with the rear sight getting in the way.

John.

High rings and a scope that doesn't stick out too far in front. What power scope do you want to mount? The 4-12x Burris Mini is a great scope for an L46 and doesn't sit too far forward, but it's discontinued and hard to find. Here's a shot of it mounted on an L461; you can judge for yourself whether it would clear your rear sight. Note that there is still some room to move the scope back. A 3-9x Burris Mini (second photo) has a much smaller objective and quite a bit less forward protrusion and is somewhat easier to find. The scope in the first photo is mounted in Conetrol rings; they are beautiful but a giant hassle to install. I'd go with old-style original Sako rings, as shown in the second photo.

Audette 1.JPG

Carbine+Burris 1.JPG

Another way to go is one of the older German -and other European scopes with 22 mm or 7/8” tubes.

Sako made split rings for them and they often have small objectives and oculars and often have very good lenses. Gives the rifle a period look as well.

Pecar, Kahles, Meopta and other makes can be found for not a lot of money over here.

All the best!

Jim

Hello Jim,
I am looking for a period 22mm Meopta or Kahles scope if you know of one. Stay Safe.
Blackjack

Back