• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

SAKO Finnwolf - Bofors

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

marlin92

Thought I'd post some pictures for the Lever action members. It is a VL63 with a grip cap, Bofors barrel, and no import marks under the barrel. It is serial number 56. I'd appreciate opinions on value.

Attachments

• P1180391.JPG
    P1180391.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 107
  • P1180424.JPG
    P1180424.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 92
  • P1180411.JPG
    P1180411.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 93
  • P1180412.JPG
    P1180412.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 89
  • P1180357.JPG
    P1180357.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 95
Hard to say what the serial number might do to the price. Without factoring that in, I'd say it's a $1500 gun. I like it a lot. Very classy.

Assuming its condition is as good as the photos appear, the I'd put the baseline for a 95% Finnwolf at $1,500 these days (I was typing as Iwanna responded and happened to hit the identical dollar figure).

*Having the dovetail scope blocks in place helps its price.
*The four-round coffin-bottom magazine is less common than the flat-bottomed 3-rounder.
*Just how much more having one from the rare early (1963-64) run should add to the value as compared to the later run, which started in 1968, is a matter of speculation and would vary with the individual collector, as would having the Bofors mark.
*A two-digit serial number gets everyone's attention.

So, I'd want some amount of premium over a "regular" Finnwolf for the above asterisks if it were mine and I were offering it for sale.

Thanks IWANNA and Stone - yeah the gun is I would say 98% condition overall.
trippleduce - nice I'd love to see pictures of your's - I have an AMBI stocked one the serial is 4 digits 76xx.

I am considering selling this one - if I do I will post an HEADS UP in case any members are interested in it.

Last edited:
Looks really nice! If it's a .308 I'd add $100 or so to that figure. The early Finnwolf's have a slimmer barrel and look better to me.

If anybody could post a few pictures of the ambit-stock that would be great. I haven't seen one in a long time.

iwanna - Wish I could take better pictures but here are some - the darker stock is an AMBI mine is in 308

Attachments

• P1140177.JPG
    P1140177.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 56
  • P1170282.JPG
    P1170282.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 53
  • P1170283.JPG
    P1170283.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 55
  • P1170285.JPG
    P1170285.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 56
  • P1170287.JPG
    P1170287.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Thanks for the photos. That refreshes my memory. Do you like the function of the ambi-stock? (Spell-check has just been killing me lately. It has a mind of its own!)

No problem - I strictly shoot right handed but I do not have any issue with the AMBI stock versus one with a cheek piece or one with just a flat side.

Marlin . . . I'm not a wolf collector . . . and I have 5 wolfs setting in my safe at this time, only the opinion of a wolf collector would have a valid value of your wolf, with the low serial number. Anyone can come up with a dollar amount that they think is on the money. And dollar values spit up by non-wolf collectors are very common and worth absolutely nothing.

I'd like to see . . . who has the most wolfs living in his house, that is a member of this forum?

No problem - I strictly shoot right handed but I do not have any issue with the AMBI stock versus one with a cheek piece or one with just a flat side.

I prefer the older ones like yours with the cheek piece. I'm not sure it makes that much difference functionally though.

Marlin . . . I'm not a wolf collector . . . and I have 5 wolfs setting in my safe at this time, only the opinion of a wolf collector would have a valid value of your wolf, with the low serial number. Anyone can come up with a dollar amount that they think is on the money. And dollar values spit up by non-wolf collectors are very common and worth absolutely nothing.

I'd like to see . . . who has the most wolfs living in his house, that is a member of this forum?

I disagree with that statement. IMO you have to be a buyer and seller to really know values.

I have just secured a worthy entry into the finnwolf clan This one is the best i have ever seen And could not help myself Unfired unmolested like new or very close to in everyway Im looking to find out what this is really worth serial no indicates about 1971-2 year of Manufacture 1-104197-2017-06-15_06-17-44-PM.JPG

You have some nice rifles as well
The ironic thing with mine is i wanted one to use not protect with my life 20 years i have wanted a good one abd have rejected so many The one good one i find and its too good to hunt with it came with original paperwork as well even its like new

Attachments

• IMG_7925.JPG
    IMG_7925.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7926.JPG
    IMG_7926.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back