• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako 85 quality

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

mike_boehm

Well I've always been a Sako rifle fan, Since I can remember because my grandfather loved them but but I purchased not long ago a Sako 85 carbonlight 7 Mag And it had just about the worst ejection ever stoeger canada Pretty much just told me to mount the scope higher which did not work even with the high rings not what I'm expecting for a $4000 rifle sako did not even respond what terrible customer service they have since then I have gone from 11 sako rifles down to one and I will not be supporting this company again. I recently picked up 2 kimbers and they outshoot any of my Is sako rifles. Is best part 0 ejection issues I've been hearing more and more and more about this issue and they've been around Almost 15 years this model and they havent even tried to correct it

Sako is not going to respond because Beretta is the importer for & owner of Sako. Beretta is who you need to contact. The ejection issue only shows up with certain caliber/scope combinations. The spent case hits the scope turret under "certain" conditions. It's a very well know problem with the Model 85, but Beretta refuses to help people that have this problem or correct the issue with a design change. The Model 85 doesn't have much of a following here on the forum & if you had read the many threads here about this issue first to learn BEFORE you buy, you wouldn't be suffering this problem. Beretta is a disaster & it won't do you any good to complain or vow to not support them. Turn the scope 90 degrees so the windage is elevation & elevation is windage & your rifle will function. Not ideal, but it works! Or, better yet, sell the 85 & get a REAL Sako from before the Beretta purchase. Sorry, but that's just the ugly truth.

Sako is not going to respond because Beretta is the importer for & owner of Sako. Beretta is who you need to contact. The ejection issue only shows up with certain caliber/scope combinations. The spent case hits the scope turret under "certain" conditions. It's a very well know problem with the Model 85, but Beretta refuses to help people that have this problem or correct the issue with a design change. The Model 85 doesn't have much of a following here on the forum & if you had read the many threads here about this issue first to learn BEFORE you buy, you wouldn't be suffering this problem. Beretta is a disaster & it won't do you any good to complain or vow to not support them. Turn the scope 90 degrees so the windage is elevation & elevation is windage & your rifle will function. Not ideal, but it works! Or, better yet, sell the 85 & get a REAL Sako from before the Beretta purchase. Sorry, but that's just the ugly truth.

Yup I know because of this issue that they cannot correct I'm not standing behind this company anymore I will look for the older models but I will not buy any of their new junk I'm just laughing at their new S20 model line fugly as hell So many better manufacturers of ray falls out there at better cost

Nope I sold all my sako rifles except my sako AIII 270 win which is Sentimental I will not be purchasing Is any new sako rifles again.

Hello Paul
Are there any good videos that show this problem?

I recall a section in either a factory tour video or the Sako Documentary where they talk about a bolt change to 60° Lift. Is this where the problem is? Why in hell would they NOT correct this? How in the world did they sell over a million rifles? Is this a flaw in their CAD program? This defect in functionality is actually one of the benefits of CAD. This problem should have been discovered and corrected in R&D. This is not an attitude displayed by any of the leaders of either Sako or Beretta in any of the films they have appeared

I recall a section in either a factory tour video or the Sako Documentary where they talk about a bolt change to 60° Lift. Is this where the problem is? Why in hell would they NOT correct this? How in the world did they sell over a million rifles? Is this a flaw in their CAD program? This defect in functionality is actually one of the benefits of CAD. This problem should have been discovered and corrected in R&D. This is not an attitude displayed by any of the leaders of either Sako or Beretta in any of the films they have appeared
The problem is the location of the manual ejector & the ejector slot in the bolt body. It is located at the bottom of the bolt when the bolt is in it's fully opened position. The older L & A series rifles had the ejector on the side of the bolt. This bottom location of the ejector causes the case to be thrown out in a more vertical direction. Whether this was caused by the different arrangement of the 3 forward lugs I can't say. I have heard the ejection "problem" is limited to the long & magnum actions & even then can be dependent on the location & size of the scope turrets, which is probably why Beretta doesn't bother fixing it. They just say get a different scope & ignore the issue. Bottom line is avoid the long & magnum actions & big bulbous scopes with large turrets if you insist on getting a Model 85. The Model 75 has displayed this ejection malady, as well. Better yet, just get an older Sako for half the price & not have any issues.

I found these. Ah he took it seriously, because he made three videos

I don’t know what is up with the age restriction vid.
Oh, and Paulson thank you for the detailed response, I hope you like these.
The age restricted video is the same as tilleyman’s posted #7

Last edited:
I am putting this one in because it shows the build process in the parent language too! It was on auto play.

I had a very ergonomic Sako 85 Blackbear 30-o6 with a low mounted Swarovski 4X. I never had any ejection problems, ever. I hunted (successfully) with it, but sold it because I just couldn't live with that soft finish stock. Never had any other problems. It was an accurate rifle.

I had a very ergonomic Sako 85 Blackbear 30-o6 with a low mounted Swarovski 4X. I never had any ejection problems, ever.
Yes, "well, some of them work" has been Beretta's response, so they see no need to do anything about those which don't.

Beretta's big profits come from weapons of war sold to the military market, so they have little interest in weapons of peace sold to the civilian market.

Latest posts

Back