• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako 75?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

woodsonchris

I have noticed in the short time I have been a member to this site that many
of you out there have taken a firm stance against the Sako 75. It just so
happens that my next purchase was going to be a Hunter 75 in .243. I'm a
little nervous doing so now, considering how disliked the rifle is among die
hard Sako guys. What is it in particular that makes the new rifle so bad?
I have read on other sites that the recoil lug area of the rifle is odd.
Has anyone out there bedded a 75 with such a design, because I have read
that the 75's action vibrates horribly under fire. Any info would be
greatly appreciated.

Chris,

The bad comments are not going to put me off. I have on order a Sako 75 Hunter Stainless. I have heard some good reports of them froom shooters I highly respect. Beware of experts! Good shooting.
---- Original Message ----- </div>[B said:
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 3:20 AM
Subject: Sako 75?

]<div>

Chris,
IMHO!
Ford stopped making Thunderbirds in 1957 and Chevrolet quit making Corvettes in 1967, Delta stopped making woodworking tools when they were sold by Rockwell, and Powermatic stopped when they were purchased by the Chinese (Jet). In the short time I've been visiting this site, I've learned that Sako stopped making rifles when Garcia purchased importation rights, or when they quit buying barrels from Bofors or when they went to the A series or when they designed the mod 75, take your choice. Just don't give the purist more credit than he deserves. We're all drawn to products because of certain features, if those features change because of marketing demands or whatever, it's human nature to resist the change and identify with the old product. My new Ford will run 100,000 miles without tuneups, and make more horses per cubic inch of displacement than the 312 in the T-Bird. The new Corvette will run circles around the 67's with any engine variation, and do it with less fuel and useless commotion. The best tools in my shop are still Delta and Powermatic. Now, I admit that personally, I prefer a 56 T-bird and a split window vette, but that attaction is purely subjective. If you want practical examples, I can take an old solid bottom 4 series in .222 and shoot with any other factory name brand rifle or oddly enough, pull a much later solid bottom "A series" in 6 PPC from the safe and shoot with any other name brand rifle and also whip the .222. My Finnfire with out shoot my early mod 72 rimfire, the later mod 78 rimfire and probably any other rimfire you bring to a match, but it's not popular because of a silly plastic trigger guard. Honestly, I doubt your new mod 75 will be any more or any less rifle than my old pre-Garcia .243. I'm sure it'll be different, maybe not as perfectly finished in high gloss blue, maybe not quite so smooth, but there's a good chance it'll be more accurate and maybe possess other features - and I'm certain it's as good as anything else on the market in the price range. Give them a chance. jak.

Thanks Jak. I agree with you all the way. I also believe a that a vast majority of the people that are "anti-75" have grown up making some of the best memories of their lives holding the older Sakos. I believe this may make them a bit bias and quick to judge that which is new. Chris

I admit I have been hard on the Sako 75, and looking back on it maybe a little to hard. I am simply frustrated that Sako like most other firearms companies have left behind the fit and finnish of he guns for more production and profit. Weatherby, Browning, Winchester and Beretta have all gone to high production checkering and left metal work as crude and they can get away with.

Now the Sako 75 Deluxe model is really nice but expensive and not that long ago you could buy AV action rifle that had wood jsut as good and metal that was equal to it. The model shoots like a Sako I will grant that I would buy one in a heart beat if I was looking for a "new production" rifle.

Overall I like the Moel 75 just fine but I do not understand at all why Sako felt the need to change the L61 action series. I see not benefit in accuracy or strength. I see a less expensive rofel to produce and even higher pricing. Since I started the club I have learned alot. I sent out over 150 letters to old Sako Collectors Association Members. I sent letters to Sako Oy in Finland, I sent letters to Beretta and Stoeger. I received back 11 letters. After spending literally hunderds of my dollars I recived 11 letters.

When I called Stoeger and asked to you have any Sako point of Sale items hats, counter mats, etc..? They said no as only a person in New Jersey could. I called for parts and I was send elsewhere! Today I see a particular indivual on Ebay selling Sako point of Sale Items on Ebay. he jsut happens to be a former employee of Stoeger that say no we do not have any items like that!

The old Collectors club asked that Sako please please continue the model L61 series they even went to the Factory and help annual meetings. What happened has happened and if you want a new Sako you have to buy a Sako 75 which is a nice rifle. But I and many others prefer the older ones that were built by hand. If I have slammed the model 75 I am sorry. I am just a little frustrated that a Great Rifle Company followed thier brethen into the oblivian. Go ahead and buy the model 75 and enjoy it is the result of over 75 years of engineering and design by one of the world's great firearms manufactures. The model 75 is all Sako it is just not not quite the same as the old ones.

Sako Finnnbear
Sean
Manager

Go for it mate,
I'm in the process of breaking-in the barrel of my BRAND SPANKING NEW Sako 75 hunter/stainless in .243 .
I know there is a mindset amongst Sako-ologists that anything post 1972(I think) isn't worthy of bearing a Sako brand..............Hmmmm?........well I'm just not in that particular mindset and my Sako 75 is........Yuuuuumy!
Go west man and BUY THAT GUN..............you know you wont be dissapointed!
Cheers & Beers..............Greg(Sydney,OZ).

As a Sako lover I'd like to add my humble opinion to this discussion.
I have many older Sako's in various calibers that I have used for target shooting and hunting all over the world. Just this last year I have made a decision to mothball my favorite Sako rifles and have purchased three new Model 75's in a 7mm, .300 ultra mag and a .375 H&H; All three are Stainless and with synthetic stocks. These three guns will now be my hunting guns and the choice of calibers will cover almost any thing I want to shoot. I was tired of beating up my beautiful wood stocks and blued barrels. As for the quality of the "75" I am completely satisfied and have shot some of the tightest groups I have ever shot with any of my Sako's. I see this as part of the evolution of the Sako brand. You will never be able to replicate the quality of the older Sako's but in today's corporate world the "75's" quality is second to none for the price. I'm happy.
barney

Anyone have an address or phone number for the warranty department at Sako?
Also just what is the warranty for a Sako 75?

Dan

Chris,

The bad comments are not going to put me off. I have on order a Sako 75 Hunter Stainless. I have heard some good reports of them froom shooters I highly respect. Beware of experts! Good shooting.
very hard to navigate this site re sako 75, or at least for me. does anyone know for shure
if 75 set trigger will work on 75 long action, 270 to be exact? and i know this may or may not be the best thread to discuss this question.

I don't have any personal experience with the 75 triggers, but rifles, no matter the make, usually use the same trigger mounting system & are interchangeable between action sizes.

Agree with Paulson. As for the "knock" on the 75's....forget them. That's a fine rifle that hasn't been declared a collector Sako, yet. If it is being disparaged, this is all that holds water, in my not so humble opinion.

Latest posts

Back