• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

'Nother Sako, 'Nother Hog

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Primate sanctuary in Alice, Tx reportedly on fm 625. High security 7,000 volt gate/fencing & cameras. No public disclosures or info. Some years back a rumored hemorrhagic or bad infectuous outbreak with fatalities, workers filmed wearing hazmat suits & oxygen tanks.
Other outside of Dilley Tx Born Free USA primary sanctuary.
Monkeys seen & removed on ranches in Frio, La Salle & Maverick counties in past. Bio-Med does Ebola & other hemorrhagic disease research in San Antonio with large baboon facilities. Research important but any error potentially fatal.
Unbelievable when you’re driving down highway & see a monkey sitting on a barb wire cedar post with brakes locking up for a closer look. Best phone call was from a neighbor’s hunter calling for advice on best recipe for grilled monkey, poor humor.

Last edited:
advice on best recipe for grilled monkey,
I have been to several countries where monkeys are on the menu. And the notorious story about luxury restaurants in Hong Kong and mainland China serving monkey brains in a special fashion is true. I will not post the details; I find them revolting and I have an extremely strong stomach.

I have been to several countries where monkeys are on the menu.
Consumption of meat from primates is believed to be a major avenue for dangerous viruses to jump from animals to humans. Not only is it unappetizing for most of us, it is potentially very unhealthy.

Consumption of meat from primates is believed to be a major avenue for dangerous viruses to jump from animals to humans. Not only is it unappetizing for most of us, it is potentially very unhealthy.
Absolutely. However, many of the people involved don't know that, and will not believe it if they are told. Just another example of custom and culture prevailing over reality.

Looks like you can't walk your place without tripping over a hog. Those rocks must be very nourishing.

A89B30D7-35F1-47C7-8B45-C2E47475AA26.jpeg 9B16EF01-4802-411B-B497-C6CAE68E6586.jpeg An ongoing struggle but lots easier when just a few trickle in from neighbors. The size of this one an exception.
Our scouting/hunting turns into coyote or hog hunt as their removal a priority.
These photos verify our reasons. Hogs kill fawns, turkey nests, etc. With Coyotes seek easy prey on fawns & solitary deer. We’ve found a few excellent deer prospects freshly killed by coyotes over the years as led to them by their yelping.

Last edited:
Interesting photos of coyote attacking buck!

Over the years I've watched deer and coyotes together on the same wheat field. The deer typically pay little more attention to them than they do to other deer -- a glance up, then back to grazing. Prey animals seem to sense when they are being targeted by predators and when they are not. Seeing unconcerned deer casually watching coyotes might give the impression that coyotes don't prey on deer, but that would obviously be a misleading impression -- although it is probably true that they more often go after the easier targets like fawns and sick/wounded animals.

Stonecreek. I have enjoyed seeing Mulie mama does putting the run on lone coyotes that got too close to their fawns. Quite a show. Sakojim.

I don't fully understand how the feral hog situation could have gotten so out of control in some areas of our country. Previous comments have been that the meat is unusable. I and my friends did use most of the meat from feral hogs on the Oregon coastal areas years ago. I wonder if maybe there is some way that the better quality meat could be used to feed the hungry of our country. Maybe it could be salvaged and sent to South American countries that are having such an exodus of their citizens because of tough times. Maybe our government could get the Mexican government to help distribute the meat on the southern side of our border. Just wondering. Sakojim.

Who has time to clean the SOB’s, get it to people that may or may not use it if it was given to them. Would they appreciate it if it were given to them???

A percentage of feral pigs carry Swine brucellosis. You get that, you are f….ked. I won’t clean one since I read they carried it!

Latest posts

Back