• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Need the spring that tensions the ball bearing that indexes the safety. L579

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

william

I need to purchase the spring that goes between the set screw and the ball bearing that indexes the safety on my L579.
The schematic I found lists them as;
#21. set screw
#22. spring
#23. ball 3

I need the spring.
Please help.
Thanks,
William

william, here's some info for you in your search for a spring. Surely there is a spring some where that will work. Try calling some of the gun parts resources available and see if they have one. It can be cut to length.These measurements are from one of my Sako triggers.
o.d. .095
i.d. .050 approx.
length .250
spring wire dia. .019
7 coil compression spring
ball dia. .120
Good luck Jim

Any gunsmith should have spring stock on hand that he can cut to length & fit. It's not all that critical it be "exactly" like a factory spring. Very simple & cheap fix. Quit searching for the "factory" spring as you are not going to find one. BTW, it's not a ball bearing, it's a detent ball. If there is no gunsmith in your area, check with Brownell's & order the spring stock based on gunner620's specs & cut it and fit it yourself.

Hello all
Just back from the gunsmith.
It's fixed. Cost me $5.00 parts and labor. Gotta love that!
Gunner 620 thanks for the specs. I gave them to the gunsmith and he said it was a big help in making a replacement spring.

FWIW I did find the original Sako part for sale at Midwest gun works. Anyone looking for parts for another project may want to give them a look.

Thanks everyone.

Latest posts

Back