• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Load development

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

abi mod75

Was at the range yesterday experimenting with different projectiles and loads for my 270 win sako 75 hunter. I found the nosler bt 130 grn to produce the best group by far when i tried the same combination of powder and projectile some 50 or 60 rounds later the groups opened up.
The powder i used was ar 2209. At 54 grns the group shrunk at 55 i got a 3 leaf clover . I have just bedded and installed a grs stock. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the groups opened up. The last groups were just over an inch at 100 yards which is ok for hunting but the clover is so much better. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Load development Load development

What was your ambient temp? How quickly did you fire those 50-60 rounds? I like to give my rifles 11/2 to 2 minutes in between. Were the groups that opened up the same 55 grn load as your cloverleaf? Good shooting to you!

What exactly is your goal? Groups going from a clover leaf to an inch after 50-60 rounds & you are not satisfied? Did you clean the barrel anytime during that 60 shot string? A Sako 75 Hunter is not a benchrest rifle. I am awestruck by the performance you are getting. You should be overjoyed with it's performance, not asking for help or wondering what is wrong. Isn't "hunting" what a 270 Win Sako 75 Hunter is for? What better performance can you possibly utilize in a real world hunting situation? What "help" can anyone possibly offer? You have the rifle people dream of having!!!

Load development Thank you for your input guys, the road to success is filled with many pot holes thats what this rifle has been, to finally achieve that result is unbelievable. After breaking the origional stock many hours of experimenting with bedding compounds days of load development at the range scope and mount issues yes the result is satisfying to say the least.
375 h&h i did alow about 30 to 50 seconds between shots maybe not enough and yes they were the same 55grn loads.
Paul i agree with you 1000% for a hunting rig there is nothing wrong with that maybe i will take my cleaning kit to the range next time i go that might be it. I would highly recomend a grs stock for comfort and taming recoil it does wonders, i geuss i have to thank berretta aus for not being able to get a replacement stock although berretta usa have them .

Last edited:
I’m also a GRS fan.

Did you get this shooting tightly again?

How did you support the rest of the rifle? Those GRS stocks have fantastic ergonomics but the rear does not ride bags worth a darn. If it’s grabbing the rear bag the groups will open up.

Back