• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L61R Bolt disassembly

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I am try to disassemble this bolt to remove firing pin so I can clean and oil. My father just gave me this rifle and I’m sure it has never been done in the last 20 years. It’s a 2 lug bolt and manufactured between 1974 and 1979. Does anyone have a procedure or discretion on how to do this. I have been able to rotate the firing pin and shroud 360* but nothing seams to be release the shroud. The pin on the left hand side shows that it has moved inward and sometime or the other but when rotating it does not want to move. It may be locked up if’s supposed to move. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 06323A65-4064-48FC-8C8C-734A5CD06A93.png
    06323A65-4064-48FC-8C8C-734A5CD06A93.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 51
Robert,

Rotate, by hand, the bolt shroud clockwise relative to the bolt body......about one-half turn. WARNING......be VERY prepared for spring pressure release, when the firing pin assembly exists the rear of the bolt body.

Reverse procedure, to reassemble........strong hands, and a firm grip(or double-sided scotch tape) are required.

Hope this helps.

Robert,

Rotate, by hand, the bolt shroud clockwise relative to the bolt body......about one-half turn. WARNING......be VERY prepared for spring pressure release, when the firing pin assembly exists the rear of the bolt body.

Reverse procedure, to reassemble........strong hands, and a firm grip(or double-sided scotch tape) are required.

Hope this helps.
Does the detent pin shown on the left side of my photo have anything to do with the release? I have rotated it 360* and nothing released. Now I was pulling on the fire pin catch while rotating. Do I need to leave it alone and only rotate the shroud which would rotate the firing pin as well?

thanks for the reply Kevin

No......the side pin has nothing to do with dis-assembly. If I recall correctly, it "assists" during normal bolt cocking.

Without actual testing, I'm pretty sure the firing pin assembly will "release" right at one-half turn......no more, no less. Pulling on the firing pin sear is not required.
Remember......turn the collar clockwise ONLY to disassemble. Turning the wrong direction will de-cock the bolt.............re-cocking is a bit of a pain.

Latest posts

Back