• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L579 trigger/safety adjustment

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Mike VB

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I bought a couple of L579 in .308 last winter. One seems to from the 60s because it has a square tang on the floor plate while the other is rounded and likely made later? I like them both. I acquired a scope for the earlier model and like the set up but...when I took it to the range I took one shot and the trigger hung up on the trigger guard. I thought it looked close and it is. The safety is was also hard to move so I took it apart. I am not a mechanical person so that was tense but I managed. Now the trigger sets better and it seems to work. At least it works with snap caps. The safety still is very stiff and there seems to be an adjustment screw missing. The first photo shows the final trigger position. The second is the original position. The third shows that the is a screw missing that goes where the housing is diagonal. I know it is missing because my other gun has one. I plan to move it to this gun if it fits. Can you tell me if I have done a good thing by adjusting the trigger? Any ideas on how to smooth out the safety? It does work, just not smooth and easy. What is the function of the missing screw, how should I set it, where can I look for another? I am a fish out of water with this but it is kind of fun too. Please help me if you have ideas.

In the first picture the screw with nut to the far left is the screw that holds the trigger in place in the action. The lock nut is not tightened down, which means your whole trigger assembly could be loose. This can cause the trigger to hang up on the trigger guard & also cause the safety to malfunction. If you don't understand how this trigger functions then you should not be taking things apart. Wondering about "missing screws" is not a good place to start!! There is no technique to "smooth out the safety". You have a messed up trigger that needs professional attention. Please take it to someone who has the expertise to properly adjust it. Blindly playing with triggers is a recipe for disaster! Sorry but I can't give you a course in Sako triggers over the internet. Please be safe & smart.

I have run across Sakos on which some Einstein attempted to "adjust" the trigger by fiddling with the mounting screw (the one furthest forward with the lock nut on it). This screw should always be fully tight with the lock nut cinched down, otherwise the trigger will inappropriately and dangerously rock back and forth in a somewhat random fashion. Your trigger appears to have been messed with by an uninformed person. As Paulson says, take it to a competent gunsmith.

Latest posts

Back