• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Short Actions L46 101

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Thanks for the info. The Kahles occular is 38mm. It sounds as though the Sako high mounts will work OK and the mediums are a maybe. Then of course the issue is finding 26mm rings.....
Ironically I have an older Kahles telescope in 26mm and 26mm SAKO rings. I am going to have to introduce them to each other. The Kahles only has a vertical turret and no horizontal; but the trippy Weaver on my L46 has no turrets and an externally adjusting set of rings.. Now I am torn.

The rifle on the right is my .222 L46 with weaver tube with no turrets. Back base if fully adjustable for windage and elevation. I hate that the rifle got drilled and tapped for this so I naturally dread removing it. I just have to shoot it soon. If it fogs-up or doesn't shoot then it has to come off. Then It will be 26mm rings and Kahles time.

Attachments

• 20240103_042558.jpg
    20240103_042558.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 16
The objective bell on the weaver is nice and close to the barrel. It's actually a nice set-up and seems to be pretty clear; I just wish It hadn't been drilled and tapped. Once my time machine is complete, I will have to visit this guy and give him the Kahles and the 26mm SAKO rings.

IMHO you can't really improve on a Kahles 4x or 2-7x with a picket post reticle on a little Sako. However I do have a 2-8 Leupold on my 461.
I have a Kahles Wein x4 on one of the Hornets, plex reticle though.
No complaints here.

Slick setup, Icebear. Those Lyman Alaskans (and the reproductions of same by Leupold) are hot tickets these days, now that shooters have come to appreciate their quality and low profiles. I have some NIB Sako factory 7/8" split rings and would love to find an Alaskan to mount in them.
The scope was on the rifle when I bought it, and I believe it is original to the gun from the 1950's. It has a post/crosshair reticle. I was pleasantly surprised at the sharpness and clarity - I was expecting I'd have to replace it but I like it just fine.

The rifle on the right is my .222 L46 with weaver tube with no turrets. Back base if fully adjustable for windage and elevation. I hate that the rifle got drilled and tapped for this so I naturally dread removing it. I just have to shoot it soon. If it fogs-up or doesn't shoot then it has to come off. Then It will be 26mm rings and Kahles time.
My .222, L46 with old Weaver set-up is a Death Ray! OMFiG!(Oh My Finnish Gods!) I put 16 rounds through-it last night and it has a 200 yard zero and someone has tuned the trigger to a couple of pounds! It is absolutely deadly! I am in love with this retro-set-up.

Latest posts

Back