• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

How to remove Sako rings from L461

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Invest in a good gunsmithing screwdriver set and you'll never go wrong on screw removal.

The Wheeler looks nice. When I bought my Brownell's set it was a lot cheaper...lol...inflation...

Or when you find the size that fits only buy the bit and the handle. Cheaper

Last edited:
Agreed☝️
I have only one word of caution concerning Sako ringmounts…the large knurled nut is what I consider to be a thumbscrew..meaning, the torque required is as tight as can be twisted with the hand, or fingers and thumb. A modified spanner type bit will work best in removing or otherwise loosening that screw. Tightening with a driver could possibly over-torque and distort the ring base and cause accuracy issues and other headaches….two cents

Tightening with a driver could possibly over-torque and distort the ring base
Absolutely true. That has been documented by photos in this forum, and I have personally encountered rings with bent studs from overtightening. I snug down the thumbscrews and then add just a bit with the correct driver, being careful not to use too much force. I just don't trust finger-tight nuts to hold against the vibration of repeated gunshots.

Latest posts

Back