• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

How to remove Sako rings from L461

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

barm

Hello all,

I just got an L461 and it has Sako rings which I don't know how to remove. It looks like I have to loosen both sides, right? I don't have a bit which will fit the side with the smaller head. What do I need to get that side loose?

BDiiT7Hh.jpg

GhRRs9qh.jpg

nwDRJq8h.jpg

Ok. I had originally loosened the large nut and they didn't budge. I took a small rubber mallet and start tapping and they both came loose. Thanks.
The taper of the action dovetails causes the rings to fit tighter from recoil. You should have to give them a little tap backward if they are mounted correctly.

Does anyone know where I can find replacement screws for the scope rings? The previous installer really buggered up several of the heads.

The replacements are of decent quality but expensive at 30 bucks for a set of 8 screws. They are always available on eBay or Gunbroker. There are two kinds, one for older rings and one for late production. The ads show which ring the screws are for.

If you want to look around for generic screws, the correct thread is M3.5. The older rings have a narrow cheese head; the late production rings use a fillister head but the cheese head will work. You have to get narrow head screws to fit into the counterbore. I've never found a generic source for these, but I sometimes substitute M3.5 socket head screws.

The replacements are of decent quality but expensive at 30 bucks for a set of 8 screws. They are always available on eBay or Gunbroker. There are two kinds, one for older rings and one for late production. The ads show which ring the screws are for.

If you want to look around for generic screws, the correct thread is M3.5. The older rings have a narrow cheese head; the late production rings use a fillister head but the cheese head will work. You have to get narrow head screws to fit into the counterbore. I've never found a generic source for these, but I sometimes substitute M3.5 socket head screws.
Mika on "Cheese-head" rouvat?

Hello all,

I just got an L461 and it has Sako rings which I don't know how to remove. It looks like I have to loosen both sides, right? I don't have a bit which will fit the side with the smaller head. What do I need to get that side loose?

BDiiT7Hh.jpg

GhRRs9qh.jpg

nwDRJq8h.jpg
The little screw is a windage adjustment. If you had a scope in the rings, zeroed by the bases to minimize parallax, then, theoretically, just using the big screws the scope should go back on and return to "Zero". people tend to fear the tapered ring but if you have a little machining background you learn to love them. It's just like the tailstock on a lathe. Windage-adjustable bases like Redfield and Leopold are much more straight-forward. They are like the "Coles Notes of windage adjustment.

The top cap screws are a real stickler for a well-fitting screwdriver. My screwdriver droor is like Imelda Marcos' shoe closet. You can never, never have too many screwdrivers. While you have the mallet out, the most important step everyone misses with gunscrews is not heat or penetrating oil, it is to put a good fitting screw-driver in the slot and give the back of the screwdriver a quick tap. "Tock" smartly. This will make that evil screw your bitch. Nothing, absolutely nothing looks worse-or drives the value of a gun down more than smurfed-up screw heads. This is the first sign that an idiot has been in there and you should avoid the gun because it will hurt your brain.

If your wife wants you to sell your favourite Winchester, just muck-up the screw heads a little before you put-it on the table at the gunshow. This way, no self-respecting Winchesterite will be bothered; and you and your bestie will go-on forever.

I guess this goes for SAKOites or SAKOholics as well, there are always more Winchester freaks at Canadian gunshows.

Kiitos, paljon. I guess most of our cheese here is in pre-wrapped slices. We don't have downhill races with cheese rolls like Euroopa.
Some of the best "Swiss" cheese in the world is made in Finland. It is called Finlandia cheese and has a rich, nutty flavor. I discovered it when I was living in Finland. It is sold in the United States through upscale grocery stores and delis. There is a fancy supermarket about 15 miles from my house that sells Finlandia cheese, and every once in a while I will drive over there and pick up a pound.

Some of the best "Swiss" cheese in the world is made in Finland. It is called Finlandia cheese and has a rich, nutty flavor. I discovered it when I was living in Finland. It is sold in the United States through upscale grocery stores and delis. There is a fancy supermarket about 15 miles from my house that sells Finlandia cheese, and every once in a while I will drive over there and pick up a pound.
I have never seen Finlandia cheese but I used to drink a lot of Finlandia vodka. Does the cheese have 2 reindeer and a red sun on it? Just kidding. I definitely will have to try it in Finland when I go. I have not seen any here but I will check at IKEA. That's where I get my Mustikka Sopa.(Blueberry Soup).

Latest posts

Back