• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Greetings

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

SwedeFan

Good morning,

I'm a bit of a gun nut and have taken a keen interest in the Sako brand. I run across enough of them locally to start collecting. I hunt most of the western US; and am an avid reloader/shooter and love the 6.5X55, 6mm, and .22cal cartridges. I must know more about these fine rifles.

-Swede

Last edited:
Good choice of 6.5x55 and .22 LR.
How about posting photos of guns and hunts &/or game. We like to see and learn as we go.

(Suggest you use thumbnail option on photos to use less space and easier to load rather than a large format.)

Prairie dogging with one of my heavy Savage 223s. This one weights in at 22lbs and one spits 53gr vmax at 3400fps; with the suppressor the recoil is negligible and spotting hits is a real show!
IMG_20230916_093101.jpg

Last edited:
Are you a fan of 6.5x55 Swede or a fan of Swedes? Asking for a Finnish friend. lol

Welcome aboard! I own half-a dozen or so rifles in 6.5x55. Some Swedish rifles, some 98s and a few Krag-Jorgensen's. Oh yeah and one Ljungman and a 6.5x55 Remington 760 Barrel assembly I just bought at auction. This Remington should be interesting, While finding a host shouldn't be problematic, I am assuming it will use the same magazines as the 6mm/.244 and .257 Roberts guns which may be hard to come by. In a pump gun with 160's it will definitely out-penetrate the latter 2 calibers. Of course it won't beat-out the .270 or .280 Remington in the 760 but It will fill a niche for the novice hunter, lefty or left-handed woman novice-hunter.

Primarily a fan of the outstanding 6.5x55 cartridge. Those swedes really knew what they were doing 130years ago.

Here's a cool little coues buck I took with my T3 in 6.5x55. 143gr eldx at 325yds IIRC
IMG_20240417_172849.jpg

My favorite 65swede has to be my T3 Sporter. I searched high and low for 3 years for this rifle. Bought it for myself on fathersday 4 years ago. A LGS had lost it in inventory for about 6 years. It loves 142gr match kings and H4350

IMG_20240417_173426.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite 65swede has to be my T3 Sporter. I searched high and low for 3 years for this rifle. Bought it for myself on fathersday 4 years ago. A LGS had lost it in inventory for about 6 years. It loves 142gr match kings and H4350

View attachment 34544
On the subject of Tikka rifles in 6.5x55, here are two older ones. I've had my eyes open for an M65, M658, or 695 Sporter in 6.5x55, but haven't found one as yet. The Sporter name is somewhat confusing in an American context. In Finland, the term means a target competition rifle (i.e. Sport) as opposed to a hunting rifle. Here, we think of a "sporter" as a hunting rifle as opposed to a military rifle.

M695 hunter in 6.5x55 with Swarovski 3-9x (1990's).
Tikka6.5-1.JPG

M65 Continental (mid-1980's) with 4-12x Leupold. Note oversize bolt knob and modernized stock design compared to earlier M65.
Continental 2.JPG

And here is the mother of 6.5mm hunting rifles, the Swedish Army M41b sniper rifle.
Sniper 1.JPG

Back