• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

G'day from Canberra

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Perazzi

I just found this site and signed up. I have a few Sako's that I don't get to use as often as I would like!

Welcome to the forum Perazzi. Let us know what you have, as we're interested to hear what other members have and how they put these fine rifles to use.
Whatever your into there are members here with amazing knoledge that are happy to share.

I wondered how long it would take until we saw you here - welcome! You will see there are a few AHNers that are also members here

Marcus

Hey Perazzi, I see you have been so overwhelmed with the power of your most recent purchase that you have decided to let the previous one go! :D

Marcus

There must almost be enough members in the Canberra area to organise a show and tell day. What do you blokes reckon?

Sounds good DHV,
I'm actually visiting Canberra from Qld for the next two weeks, and would be interested in meeting any local members in the area.

Great idea DHV,
I'm 2 hrs away, so a weekend would suit me best. But I'm on leave next week, so next week I'm pretty flexible, apart from ANZAC Day.
Majura range would seem like a good place to meet if you wanted to bring your 'goodies' to show.
They have a large club room where we could spread rifles out over quite a few tables etc.
Then we could share around a few rifles for firing on the range (.....if we have too!!).
I'm not in their club; so someone would need to check the range calendar to ensure we don't conflict with a competition day.

Majura Range is close to Canberra Airport for anyone interested.

Cheers
Piper

I won't have any rifles with me, but it sure would be nice to put faces to the names, if there's enough interest from some locals.

Welcome Matt

It would be fantastic to have a show and tell

I vote for Dave to organise it

Welcome Matt

It would be fantastic to have a show and tell

I vote for Dave to organise it

ah crap :(

OK. It will be far easier to organise if it doesn't involve live fire.

Actually, Anzac day at Majura might work. No comps on.

Anzac day is out for me as well. Unfortunately its the only day I have locked in during the two weeks I'll be there.

Bum. This weekend and next are no go for me as well. Something to do with some deer. :)

Happy to organise it for another weekend though if there is enough interest.

Back