• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Short Actions Boar before breakfast

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Coleman Cowboy

With another scorcher predicted today, the She-Wolf and I were out just after sun-up debating the clearing of more brush east of the house when my gal spotted movement a couple hundred yards to the south. Sure enough, a handful of hogs were moving west to east just the other side of the house pasture fence.

Handing Jane my coffee cup, I hopped the fence into the yard and went inside to grab my old Sako AI Varmint in .223 from the rack. It stays loaded for the occasional coyote sighting but would do well for this 200ish yard shot. Stepping back outside by the pool, I stepped around Jane's tomatoes and peppers and took a rest over a big ceramic planter. When one of the hogs gave me a clear shot, I sent a 50 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip downrange. The crack of the little rifle was followed by the satisfying "whump" of the bullet and I watched the hog drop to the shot.

Nothing huge; a 1/2 grown boar with a tiny hole centered in his left shoulder. So no matter how the rest of the day goes, it started out in the plus column!

Mark

qDTzJzZl.jpg

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Which I understand he did with some regularity. It was perhaps somewhat discomforting to find yourself in the vicinity of the late author after sundown.

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Which I understand he did with some regularity. It was perhaps somewhat discomforting to find yourself in the vicinity of the late author after sundown.

Yessir. While I enjoyed his writing, staying out of effective range of "Dr. Gonzo" always seemed prudent!

As far as I know, Thompson never actually hit anybody. However, random gunfire from a .44 Magnum is a violation of safety rules, and can get you talked about.

Back