• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

BATF declares third sex!

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

paulsonconstruction

Sako-addicted
This is not a joke & I am not making this up! The BATF as recently issued updated 4473 forms for firearm purchases that has a third box that can be used to denote what sex the applicant is. The choices are now Male, Female, or Non-Binary. It also expanded to six pages, as the change from 2 to 4 pages in 2012 evidently didn't satisfy the Paperwork Reduction Act passed that year. Just a FYI, as I am at a loss for words.

Tremendous. This should slow down gun sales to an even slower crawl. I filled out hundreds of 4473 forms when I worked part-time at Cabelas. The lines were long and the people grew impatient, tired, and sometimes angry. The additional burden of waiting even longer to buy a firearm will not please any man, woman, or what have you.

I dunno. At my age it seems that none of my "man" things work like they used to. Maybe they're just giving us old codgers a third alternative so that we won't have to offer any "hard" evidence of gender.

This is not a joke & I am not making this up! The BATF as recently issued updated 4473 forms for firearm purchases that has a third box that can be used to denote what sex the applicant is. The choices are now Male, Female, or Non-Binary.
Simply recognition of the modern conceptualization of gender and gender identification, arising partly from the rise of the transgender phenomenon. Although seemingly weird, commonplace these days….

Last edited:
Actually the new form has been out for about a month. What is interesting is that a person can't check the box unless it matches the description on their driver's license or other official form of identification. Since I always wanted to be a dog when I grow up, I want the form revised to include Dog in the Race box. Of course they would have to add color descriptions and a pleather of other descriptive information.

Now that I have gotten that off of my chest, just exactly what is a non-binary "IT' anyway? I think this garbage was just added to confuse us old guys!

rick

Reactions: FLT
Rick. I don't think we want to go there. As a concerned old guy myself, I have tried to keep up with the many new sexual designations that have cropped up. So, I finally gave up and started to search on the internet to get a handle on it.
After about fifteen minutes and umpteen different designations and impressions, I started getting a headache and so I decided that for my best interests to just sum them all up simply as male, female or it. Lets face it- PC has opened Pandora's Box and unleashed the crazies on us. Sakojim.

He , She , It has work for ages .I can’t think of a reason that’s reasonable to change at this point in time. So it’ll be business as usual at my place.

Last edited:
Back