• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Any experience with A7 300WSM

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

bigbear

Looking for a new hunting rifle. Any experiences to share with this model/calibre combo?

Thanks!

Any experiences to share
Not with.300 WSM. I own an A7 in .270 WSM. It’s an older stainless model, not the fluted model. I bought the gun on the cheap as a light back up rifle, more or less. I also wanted a knock around or inclement weather rifle.

Was amazed by the accuracy, so I restocked it. The factory stock was garbage. I also replaced the cheap plastic shroud with a steel shroud from an 85 model. I also replaced bolt handle with something I could actually get my hands on. It has a great barrel and it’s not picky. The rifle flat performs, it loves 140grn Accubonds best.

The recoil lug and bedding are similar to a Tikka T3.

Now for the downside. The magazine and bottom metal are awful. The magazine is polymer and it utilizes steel feed lips which can easily bend outwards which can result in all the cartridges spewing out of the magazine. I’ve bent them back many times and check them frequently. The rifle is designed to be top loaded, but I quit doing that all together. I only feed rounds with the magazines removed. I bought two additional magazines because of the obvious. Probably not one of Sako’s finer feats.

We still bring it along, my wife has killed a couple of cow elk with it but it’s mostly left in camp or in the truck.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Not with.300 WSM. I own an A7 in .270 WSM. It’s an older stainless model, not the fluted model. I bought the gun on the cheap as a light back up rifle, more or less. I also wanted a knock around or inclement weather rifle.

Was amazed by the accuracy, so I restocked it. The factory stock was garbage. I also replaced the cheap plastic shroud with a steel shroud from an 85 model. I also replaced bolt handle with something I could actually get my hands on. It has a great barrel and it’s not picky. The rifle flat performs, it loves 140grn Accubonds best.

The recoil lug and bedding are similar to a Tikka T3.

Now for the downside. The magazine and bottom metal are awful. The magazine is polymer and it utilizes steel feed lips which can easily bend outwards which can result in all the cartridges spewing out of the magazine. I’ve bent them back many times and check them frequently. The rifle is designed to be top loaded, but I quit doing that all together. I only feed rounds with the magazines removed. I bought two additional magazines because of the obvious. Probably not one of Sako’s finer feats.

We still bring it along, my wife has killed a couple of cow elk with it but it’s mostly left in camp or in the truck.

Hope this helps.

T^hanks a million, you answered all my questions. I will pass and keep looking for a nice used 75. Too much plastic is what I am hearing.

Back