• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

AIII - AV bolt question

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

nm_rifle

I have a bolt that seems to fit an AIII-AV action. The bolt is in good shape and cycles fine in the action (including firing pin). The face is magnum.

I am looking to sell this item but have no idea what it is worth or what I should ask. It was in a load of parts I received from an uncle. Any advice would be appreciated.

ZkiZOe7.jpg

gwm9IZA.jpg

If you offer it for sale on Gunbroker with a penny start (and several sharp photos from different angles) you'll get fair market value for it. That way you won't have to know how to price it.

If you offer it for sale on Gunbroker with a penny start (and several sharp photos from different angles) you'll get fair market value for it. That way you won't have to know how to price it.
Understood, but I was trying to avoid GB. I asked based on forum advice to list on this forum

Understood, but I was trying to avoid GB. I asked based on forum advice to list in the trade corner section of this forum.

Difficult to say, but actions alone can bring $500 in the right circumstances. That being said, a bolt without an action & an action without a bolt aren't worth much standing alone. Price it however you like with an OBO & you will get offers or just put it on an auction site. If you have no use for it, is it all that valuable to you? Whatever you get is better than sitting on it. Just my two cents. BTW, you might want to see if you can track down which one of your Uncle's guns it goes in. I'm sure whoever has it would be thrilled. The 278 scribed on the bolt handle are the last 3 numbers of the rifle's serial number.

Difficult to say, but actions alone can bring $500 in the right circumstances. That being said, a bolt without an action & an action without a bolt aren't worth much standing alone. Price it however you like with an OBO & you will get offers or just put it on an auction site. If you have no use for it, is it all that valuable to you? Whatever you get is better than sitting on it. Just my two cents. BTW, you might want to see if you can track down which one of your Uncle's guns it goes in. I'm sure whoever has it would be thrilled. The 278 scribed on the bolt handle are the last 3 numbers of the rifle's serial number.

Thank you. I did try to find the match, but the other actions had their matching bolts, no 278s in the mix. I have been sitting on it for almost 2 years and looking to clear out some odds and ends. I have no use for it - unless I keep it around as a spare, but i hardly see the point in that.

Understood, but I was trying to avoid GB. I asked based on forum advice to list in the trade corner section of this forum.
I can understand wishing to avoid the complications of using Gunbroker. As Paulson suggests, pick a starting figure and invite offers. I've seen Sako bolts go for $300, so if that figure seems sufficient to you simply list it at that. If someone needs it at that figure they can say so and buy it from you. If not, then someone will make you an offer which you can accept or reject. Or perhaps you've already received an inquiry based on your post?

You may want to list it on 24 hour campfires classifieds. No cost & lots of activity.
If u price it right it will be sold in an hour.

Wow, thanks for the advice. I will take a look.
A word of advice about 24HR Campfire. If you place your ad, stay on top of it and throw in a couple pictures every half hour or so. This keeps your listing on the first page so many see it. Know how to use their PM system before you list You never know but the owner of that serialized rifle could show up. There are a ton or 3 of rifles out there that are missing bolts because it was/is popular to store rifles that way. Poop happens.

Latest posts

Back