• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

6.5x55 Swede

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Banned
I am looking to purchase a Swede in a Tikka 695 or Sako 75.
Could you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ahh, my favorite cartridge for just about everything. I see there's a Model 85 for sale on Gunbroker.com :
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=93353778#PIC, but not exactly what your looking for. If you're patient, I'd wait and purchase a Hunter L691 with a nice oil finish (they show up fairly regularly on Gunbroker, Auctionarms, or Gunsamerica. Not to dissuade you either, but these might be two choices you'd be interested in too. Either a Sako Grey Wolf in .260 (real close to 6.5x55) or a Ruger K1a in 6.5x55, of which there are several for sale. They have pretty crisp triggers right out of the box, but I understand single shots aren't everyone's cup of tea. Again, awesome cartridge for deer...right up there among the top five in my opinion. I currently have six of them in the gun safe, and four of them are Sakos!

I appreciate the heads up but the new looking 85's don't appeal to me for the asking price. I would buy one of your four Sakos though.
I see the Tikka i am interested in is listed in the pictures section of this group.
I would to pick the owner brain on that one!

Well, it's good to see someone who wants what they want, and won't be dissuaded! We have a local gun store here that every time I inquire about a specific firearm, suggests this or that, but not the one I want! ...And here I am doing the same thing!

Be patient, I'm sure that Tikka you're looking for will show up on one of the auction sites sooner or later (most likely later...if you really want one). I have solicited other members on shooting forums to keep their eye out at their local gun shops for a particular gun; that has worked for me as well. If I see one I'll be back in touch.

Karl

Back