• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

6.5x55 Mannlichers, Model 85 & L691 on GB

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Spaher

Not rare but interesting to have 2 6.5x55's for sale on GB simultaneously. Model 85 with an $800. Swarovski scope included which might raise the value a bit at $1,915 currently & an L691 with no bids at $1,999. The sights on the L691 are not Williams rear and the bluing is matte on the front and rear sights, much like on an 85 which might raise a question on substituted later or did they actually come this way as all earlier models seem to have the Williams sights in gloss finish.
Only reason for posting is that we had one or two members that had been looking for an 85 Mannlicher in 6.5x55 earlier.

Indeed interesting that two 6.5 Mannlichers show up at the same time. I've seen those sights on late-production AV rifles so my guess is that they are probably original.

Thanks for posting. The L691 looks attractive, but I just dropped a comparable sum on a heavy barrel Tikka Deluxe in the same caliber, so I'm in pause mode right now. It will be interesting to see if it attracts any bidders and if so, how much it goes for.

Note that the recoil pad on the L691 is not original. Looks like a pachmeyar decellerator? Or something heretical like that. Suspect the stock may have been cut.

Jeffy1, extra good eye on the stock length as may have been shortened when comparing to the attached photo of other Mannlichers. IMG_1964.png IMG_1965.jpeg

Latest posts

Back