• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Need help with my L461 Vixen .223 (scope mounting)

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I need some technical help to mount a Vortex Diamondback 6X24, with 30mm tube, on my Sako L461 Vixen .223. The rifle requires tapered ring mounts or tapered Picatanny base. If anyone could give me suggestions as to the vendor who sells these for my Sako and the proper height of the rings to handle the 50mm front lens size.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what type of bases/rings you are looking for but:

on eBay. Those are the most compact Weaver compatible bases I know of for a Vixen. Then you just use any Weaver style ring.

Or you could got the Leupold route:

CVCOBRA1 has the Sako route covered.

Or you could go the Talley route:

That will get you started. Better to many choices than too few.

Thanks
ChrisA

Gentlemen: This was my very first time to be on a blog and I am very appreciative of the information you shared. I like the idea of the Picatinny in the response from CVCOBRA1. I looked at the website and the product, but it is in Europe and their shipping destinations did not include USA. Do they have a distributor in the USA? Again, I am a rookie at this and I really appreciate the help.

Gentlemen: This was my very first time to be on a blog and I am very appreciative of the information you shared. I like the idea of the Picatinny in the response from CVCOBRA1. I looked at the website and the product, but it is in Europe and their shipping destinations did not include USA. Do they have a distributor in the USA? Again, I am a rookie at this and I really appreciate the help.

Those rails are on ebay. I posted the link to the site so you could get more info on them. Do a search on ebay and get the correct one.

I didn't dig out my 461 and measure it, which you should do, but I would say you want the PH12/0. That is item number 183291597894 on ebay. Again, measure yours to know if that's it. You can then get any picitinny rings that you like in 30mm.

I need some technical help to mount a Vortex Diamondback 6X24, with 30mm tube, on my Sako L461 Vixen .223. The rifle requires tapered ring mounts or tapered Picatanny base. If anyone could give me suggestions as to the vendor who sells these for my Sako and the proper height of the rings to handle the 50mm front lens size.

Thanks in advance.

Leupold makes scope rings that are made for the Sako tapered dove tail on the reciver. Call or email Leupold for the model number for the scope hight and what finish you what on the rings to match your gun.(high gloss, satin, or matt) I just last week contacted Leupold for scope rings for a Sako L461 Vixen single shot bolt action pistol I recently acquired.
Also. Tally makes scope rings for a Sako tapered dove tail.

Leupold makes scope rings that are made for the Sako tapered dove tail on the reciver. Call or email Leupold for the model number for the scope hight and what finish you what on the rings to match your gun.(high gloss, satin, or matt) I just last week contacted Leupold for scope rings for a Sako L461 Vixen single shot bolt action pistol I recently acquired.
Also. Tally makes scope rings for a Sako tapered dove tail.
Thank you

Latest posts

Back