• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L461 Bolt dissasembly

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Tesoro

Today I got to shoot the first shots out of my 40 yr old unfired L461 223. Sweet little rifle! Fired off 40 rds and got about 8 were misfires due to light primer strikes. Win ammo. As the gun heated up misfires were less. I am sure that I need to disassemble and clean out old hard grease.
Has anyone posted instructions on the L461? I see a real nice one on the L46 but it is different. Thx

Today I got to shoot the first shots out of my 40 yr old unfired L461 223. Sweet little rifle! Fired off 40 rds and got about 8 were misfires due to light primer strikes. Win ammo. As the gun heated up misfires were less. I am sure that I need to disassemble and clean out old hard grease.
Has anyone posted instructions on the L461? I see a real nice one on the L46 but it is different. Thx
I highly recommend you not completely disassemble your bolt. Just soak it overnight in some lacquer thinner or other similar solvent, then flush it out with one of the aerosol gun cleaners. Number 1 problem I see with bolts is that someone took it apart without the proper tools & experience. Parts don't grow on trees for these rifles, so it wouldn't do any harm to try my suggestion before tearing in to the bolt. Good luck!

While on the topic of getting my new baby to fire consistently and scope aligned with the barrel... I wound up moving the front base from the center of the pad, as in the pic above, to the front of pad so the ring so is right at the end of the flare of the objective. ( to mate up with old ring marks).

And then afterwards, of course, I read the instructions in the leup pamphlet which said to mount the front base in the center to eliminate any windage problems ??.. as if the dovetail base, which is part of the receiver, is not milled evenly??? I cant imagine that being so on my rifle but maybe there were some old models that had issues or?

anyone?

I highly recommend you not completely disassemble your bolt. Just soak it overnight in some lacquer thinner or other similar solvent, then flush it out with one of the aerosol gun cleaners. Number 1 problem I see with bolts is that someone took it apart without the proper tools & experience. Parts don't grow on trees for these rifles, so it wouldn't do any harm to try my suggestion before tearing in to the bolt. Good luck!

True. I just took out the firing pin assembly and gave em both a long hot soapy bath in the ultrasonic cleaner. I really didnt see any 40yr old crud on disassembly. See what happens this time around. I will bring a couple of other types of ammo but i doubt its the ammo. Wondering if the pin just needs to be broken in with fresh oil as there are parts in the shroud that have quite a bit of friction in order to de-compress the spring and sound a bit raspy. Snap cap and 100 dry fires might help!

Back to range today. I found out what was wrong with my bolt. Nothing! Bad Win ammo. Take a look at this dud! I guess I didnt get such a good deal on that big batch of ammo! 89F8005F-EF26-42FD-A0C2-0281B709F215.jpeg

I have a question about that head stamp for some of you here. Is that a lake city non military head stamp? I was under the impression LC brass was military and didn’t have the caliber on it just dates. And it looks like it was swaged or factory produced without the primer crimp. But I may be way off. Thoughts?

When I used to reload LC brass i bought military which was swaged and had the + stamp for nato. I assumed this lot was made with the same specs but not run in the press for military. First time I have had dud primers from name brand. Here is a pic of a Win-x 270 round out of the first box of 20 that i just ordered! F7820734-7B31-49CB-A980-08F22DED0EC5.jpeg

Back