• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New from Oregon

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Fatamos33

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL,

New member in here from oregon. Hoping to find some awesome information, on my garage sale find forester(l579). I’ll have to get into the records page and request my records. I know the year it was made(1962) just not sure if it was Deluxe or Walnut stock, hoping to maybe find more out about it, and where to get the parts to help finish it.

Attachments

• New from Oregon
    19CF841C-683C-4A92-B454-A77C091439F2.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 30
  • New from Oregon
    610C745D-9B97-4956-B0C0-59ECC3404924.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 32
  • New from Oregon
    32033D3F-634D-4AD6-B4B1-173EDEA02D3D.jpeg
    295.4 KB · Views: 31
Very unusual barreled action. No bottom metal, but rather a trigger guard & front "nut" of some type to mount in a stock. Is it a single shot action with no mag cut out? There is no magazine or hinged floorplate, so that's what I'm assuming. It is definitely not a Deluxe or standard barreled action like I've ever seen before. Definitely get the Factory Records & let us know what that says!

The gentleman that I got it from was the son of a “world class stock maker” (Earl Milliron, I hadn’t heard of him, in fact there’s only been a few people that I’ve talked to that have, including the smith that I spoke to yesterday). So I’m assuming that what happened was he pulled it apart to build a stock for it, and never put it back together. The trigger guard is what I’m finding to be most interesting because all other trigger guards are attached to the floor plate.

The trigger guard is what I’m finding to be most interesting because all other trigger guards are attached to the floor plate.
Looks to me like there are machining marks on the front of the trigger guard, suggesting that the front part of the trigger guard assembly was cut off. It also appears that a mounting hole has been drilled in the front of the guard. It also looks like the rear of the trigger guard has been reshaped. That would all be consistent with the idea that a previous owner had it in mind to build a single shot with a smooth bottom on the stock.

I think I see an L579 action that's missing the follower, spring, mag. box, and most of the bottom metal.

Sorta like a blind magazine rifle build, with a custom stock.

I agree with Kevin that it was probably on its way to being a custom-stocked rifle with a blind magazine. There are many proponents of the blind magazine as it can be made into a bit lighter rifle and the perceived problem of the magazine latch malfunctioning and dumping your cartridges on the ground is avoided.

Latest posts

Back