• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Short Actions Sako 7x33 Reloading Dies

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

ricksengines

Sako-addicted
I wanted to post this notice just in case some of our members didn't see it in L46 7x33 thread. CH4D has the 7x33 FL die set in stock for about $105. The shell holder is about $20. I ordered a set yesterday and they were shipped out the same day.

I was also lucky to find one box of brass at Buffalo and snagged them. Brass is available in AU for about $160 per hundred but has to go through import/export to get to the US. Anyone willing to give it a try contact Rebelgunworks Queensland for info. If worked out I'll take 100 cases.

rick

Good luck finding bullets. I found a guy that was reproducing the original bullet and brass. I bought 150 or so brass and 300 bullets and it doesn’t work.

I want to be able to shoot the 7X33 as it was meant to be shot without single loading a cartridge with a longer 7mm bullet that could be acquired from a gun shop.

I have been working on this project since I got my 7X33 last May and I have yet to fire a round in that rifle. If you have any luck finding bullets, let me know. I will keep you advised if these bullets ever get fixed so I can reload and shoot them.

Evidently the swager that he runs the bullets through isn’t dimensionally correct, as they won’t fit the case mouth of the brass to seat the bullet properly. I need to get with him again and see if he got the new swager he said he had to get to accomplish this...

Hi Kirk. Since I have a full up machine shop here at the house I don't think I will have a problem turning bullets to the correct dimensions and weight. Once I get back on my feet and can get into the shop I'll see what I have on the shelf. Worst case I'll make a swager die. The three A2 RCBS presses on the reloading bench will make short work of that operation as they were original designed and made to make bullets.

rick

Reactions: FLT
The shell holder is about $20.
I haven't bought a shell holder in decades, so I'm not current on what they cost. But the 7x33 is based on a stretched 9mm Parabellum (Luger), so its head and rim are the same .393" rim diameter. If you have a 9mm shell holder you're good for the 7x33.

Winchester brought out a 9mm "magnum" a number of years ago which was somewhat longer than the 9mm Luger. Unfortunately, it was just a tad too short to make 7x33 cases from. However, we had a discussion on this board about using cases for the new .350 Legend for the 7x33. The rim, being rebated, is just a bit smaller, but the base is almost exactly right for the 7x33 and the Legend's straight walled case is 43mm long, leaving plenty to trim off.

Good luck finding bullets. I found a guy that was reproducing the original bullet and brass. I bought 150 or so brass and 300 bullets and it doesn’t work.

I want to be able to shoot the 7X33 as it was meant to be shot without single loading a cartridge with a longer 7mm bullet that could be acquired from a gun shop.

I have been working on this project since I got my 7X33 last May and I have yet to fire a round in that rifle. If you have any luck finding bullets, let me know. I will keep you advised if these bullets ever get fixed so I can reload and shoot them.

Evidently the swager that he runs the bullets through isn’t dimensionally correct, as they won’t fit the case mouth of the brass to seat the bullet properly. I need to get with him again and see if he got the new swager he said he had to get to accomplish this...
the only thing I can suggest is Rebbelgunwerx out of Australia for your correct bullets shipping them in is the only hassel...
however there is a gentleman in California who makes caliber specific bullets for the 7x33....his name eludes me at the moment...I think its Shroeder,, just not sure.....he sells them 48. per 100 last I knew....when I get back home from Vay Cay here in Texas I will post his info.... oh his bullets measure .2856 according to him he says thats correct size for the bore of the 7x33

the only thing I can suggest is Rebbelgunwerx out of Australia for your correct bullets shipping them in is the only hassel...
however there is a gentleman in California who makes caliber specific bullets for the 7x33....his name eludes me at the moment...I think its Shroeder,, just not sure.....he sells them 48. per 100 last I knew....when I get back home from Vay Cay here in Texas I will post his info.... oh his bullets measure .2856 according to him he says thats correct size for the bore of the 7x33

That is where I got my bullets and brass. He is still trying to get the bullets to work...

Kirk sent me several samples of his bullets. Their is a very small oversized ring around the base. My guess is that he didn't push them all the wat through the swaging die. I'm going to chuck them in a collet on the lathe and take a skim cut to remove the problem. I'll also weigh them and skim a slight chamfer on the base.

The folks down under won't send them to me here in the US. I was thinking of asking Marcus if he could do some heavy lifting to get the bullets to me here.

rick

Last edited:
What problem is he having with the bullets?

Rick and I have been in contact quite a bit on these bullets. They have a slight rim at the base that looks like it wasn't pushed all the way through the sizing die when it was swaged. They don't go into the neck of the shell at all...

Sako 7x33 Reloading Dies

You might want to check with C&H for a bullet swaging die, I got my .260 sizer from them to swage .264's to .260 for my 6.5x58R Sauer.

Latest posts

Back