• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Trigger id & adj

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

PRR1957

20190420_133530.jpg Can someone identify this factory Sako trigger and explain the different trigger adjustment screws.
* I understand the largest set screw is for weight of pull, but the other two are what ?
* Sear engagement and over travel ?
* Which ones are which along with in what clock wise or counter clock wise direction are they turned to do what ?

This trigger is in a recently acquired Sako L461 Vixen single shot bolt action pistol built in 1992 by Accuflite Arms.
20190508_191811.jpg 20190508_193208.jpg

Attachments

• 20190420_133453.jpg
    20190420_133453.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
As your bolt has the rear shroud it is an AI (A one) action. I would guess Accuflite cannabilized one of the special run of single shot PPCs Sako made in the late 1980's that had the externally adjustable target triggers. They all had a special serial number sequence starting with an A, B, or C then followed by 3 numbers. You can search here for threads discussing that trigger & it's adjustments. IIRC, there is some fairly extensive info on the AI PPC single shots & the target trigger in the Sako short action section.

As your bolt has the rear shroud it is an AI (A one) action. I would guess Accuflite cannabilized one of the special run of single shot PPCs Sako made in the late 1980's that had the externally adjustable target triggers. They all had a special serial number sequence starting with an A, B, or C then followed by 3 numbers. You can search here for threads discussing that trigger & it's adjustments. IIRC, there is some fairly extensive info on the AI PPC single shots & the target trigger in the Sako short action section.

Thanks for responding, but if you know what's the individual adjustments, why don't you just say so. I have already searched and can't find a detailed adjustment description. Your not the first person to respond with a "search other threads" or a vague description. Is there some secret oath some Sako owners take to guard trigger adjustments knowledge.

Yes I'm being sarcastic because it's been two weeks I've had this gun and no one can give me a deffininative answer.

Thanks for responding, but if you know what's the individual adjustments, why don't you just say so. I have already searched and can't find a detailed adjustment description. Your not the first person to respond with a "search other threads" or a vague description. Is there some secret oath some Sako owners take to guard trigger adjustments knowledge.

Yes I'm being sarcastic because it's been two weeks I've had this gun and no one can give me a deffininative answer.

I'm sorry, but I didn't know what the adjustment screws did when I responded. I just remembered reading a thread about them quite some time ago. If you can't find that thread, DON'T BLAME ME! Why is it that you think we OWE you a definitive answer? I was just trying to offer you some assistant, which will be the the last time I make that mistake. Stop trying to make your problem everybody else's. If you took a spelling class you would know it's definitive, not DEFFININATIVE. BTW, I did a little search & easily found the adjustment instructions, both on line & on this forum. Sorry, but my "secret" oath won't allow me to tell you!!

Sako.fi is your site, pick out your model and scroll down to trigger for your information.

Do a search for "Sako PPC target trigger" on here and the web. You will get several hits. I did but didn't check them all out.

View attachment 16170 Can someone identify this factory Sako trigger and explain the different trigger adjustment screws.
* I understand the largest set screw is for weight of pull, but the other two are what ?
* Sear engagement and over travel ?
* Which ones are which along with in what clock wise or counter clock wise direction are they turned to do what ?

This trigger is in a recently acquired Sako L461 Vixen single shot bolt action pistol built in 1992 by Accuflite Arms.
View attachment 16165 View attachment 16167
Just contact accuflite arms, they created the beast.

I
I'm sorry, but I didn't know what the adjustment screws did when I responded. I just remembered reading a thread about them quite some time ago. If you can't find that thread, DON'T BLAME ME! Why is it that you think we OWE you a definitive answer? I was just trying to offer you some assistant, which will be the the last time I make that mistake. Stop trying to make your problem everybody else's. If you took a spelling class you would know it's definitive, not DEFFININATIVE. BTW, I did a little search & easily found the adjustment instructions, both on line & on this forum. Sorry, but my "secret" oath won't allow me to tell you!!

I apologize if I offended you. It was not my intention. It's been quit an agravaion to not find a diagram as to the two adjustment screws located on the bottom of the trigger. Sako' s website dosn't go back far enough with manuals for older guns. I suspect Beretta mite have something to do with that.

PRR1957,

Looks like you've got several offers for trigger help :)

I'm sure this is much more information than you want but, it is possible to search for a specific text phrase on an individual website using google, like this.

Browse to the website you want to search for your text phrase, click in the address bar to highlight the site URL and copy just the site URL.

2019-05-12 17 11 31.jpg

Open a new tab in your browser and type site: in the address then paste in the site URL you just copied.

2019-05-12 17 14 44.jpg
Then paste the search term you are interested in Sako PPC target trigger after the site URL

site:sakocollectors.com Sako PPC target trigger

and hit enter to start the search. That will return every page (90 for that search term) that has all those words on that website. If you want to search for that exact term just enclose your search term in double quotes "Sako PPC target trigger". That pulls back the one page on the SCC site that has that exact term. Which, not surprisingly, is this post page.

I know I know. TMI o_O but it is fast, works good and can be used on any website.

Thanks
ChrisA

Attachments

• SCCSiteSearchGoogle.jpg
    SCCSiteSearchGoogle.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 9
PRR1957,

Looks like you've got several offers for trigger help :)

I'm sure this is much more information than you want but, it is possible to search for a specific text phrase on an individual website using google, like this.

Browse to the website you want to search for your text phrase, click in the address bar to highlight the site URL and copy just the site URL.

Open a new tab in your browser and type site: in the address then paste in the site URL you just copied.

Then paste the search term you are interested in Sako PPC target trigger after the site URL

site:sakocollectors.com Sako PPC target trigger

and hit enter to start the search. That will return every page (90 for that search term) that has all those words on that website. If you want to search for that exact term just enclose your search term in double quotes "Sako PPC target trigger". That pulls back the one page on the SCC site that has that exact term. Which, not surprisingly, is this post page.

I know I know. TMI o_O but it is fast, works good and can be used on any website.

Thanks
ChrisA

Thanks. That's a lot of good info. Trying it.

O K, I'll stick my neck out and post a copy of the factory diagram of the inner workings of the Target Model Trigger, and also a copy of some written 'guidance' I put together for an acquaintance who was having problems with trying to get his trigger adjusted to his satisfaction.

I expect that some readers will disagree with what I have written, but so be it. I have simply set out what I found with the one sample that I have played with.

So here goes .....

I couldn’t find the ‘final’ summary I did on adjusting the Sako ‘Target Trigger’, only some sketchy notes that I made while I was experimenting with it. Some of them aren’t as clear to me now as they must have been a decade or so ago, so I put the trigger back into my 6PPC (it’s the heavy barrelled, single shot model) and had another play around with it.

It’s the one and only trigger of this model that I have tried adjusting, so I can only presume that they ALL respond in much the same way. I can’t see why they wouldn’t, but I don’t know for certain. If what follows sounds a bit ‘dictatorial’ it is only because I am trying to make it short and to the point, not because I think it is the one and only way to do the job. Other people may have figured out different procedures that work just as well or better, but what I have written should get you going, and save you from having to figure out EVERYTHING for yourself from scratch.

To set up the trigger for a two-stage let-off:

1. Set the trigger let-off weight to the approximate level you want, by adjusting Screw C. (IN = Heavier, OUT = Lighter)

2. Turn Screw B to give about 3 – 4mm of trigger movement (at the tip of the trigger piece) to the point where you feel the first stage take-up end. (or where the trigger releases) I can’t predict which will occur first, as it depends on where Screw A is set.

3. Adjust Screw A to provide a definite end to the first stage take-up, and a clean, sharp second stage release.

If it is turned too far INWARDS, a mushy, creepy, second stage release occurs.

If it is turned too far OUTWARDS, the two-stage pull effect gets completely lost – the release becomes just one very long single pull right through to where it finally releases. Horrible!

This adjustment is quite critical – take your time finding the best possible setting. A creepy final let-off is bad, but not being able to feel a definite end to the first stage take-up is far worse – you can THINK you are still just taking it up, and the rifle fires!

From this stage onwards, the final ‘fine tuning’ of length of first stage take-up and let-off weight is, I think, largely a matter of experimenting, in very small steps. Reducing the length of the first pull seems to me to reduce the let-off weight very slightly, so you may have to tweak these two screws (B and C) in tandem to suit your preferences. Fortunately, changing these two screws seems to have little effect on the setting of A. You may have to give it a very small, final touch after adjusting B and C, but it should not be much.

Single stage let-off:

If you want a single stage let-off rather than two stage, turn screw B inwards until the first stage take-up disappears. I suspect that this contravenes the note in the adjustment instructions saying ‘IMPORTANT! Free pull must never be totally adjust off!’ but it seems to work OK. I used mine set that way for quite some time, without incident, and I know others who have done so, too, but – it is very much a case of ‘Proceed at your own risk’.

The let-off weight seems to become significantly less when the trigger is set to single stage pull, and Screw A may need some further very fine adjustment.

I think this is about all I can tell you – hope it is of some assistance. Please let me know how you get on.

PS One final comment. If you cannot get the let-off weight as low as you desire, even with the weight adjustment screw backed well out, replace the weight spring with one of the same outside diameter but made of slightly thinner wire.

I would strongly suggest that you DON’T try to achieve a weight reduction by cutting the factory spring shorter. This spring MUST be at least slightly Factory Target Trigger Diag - Tidied.jpg in compression over its entire movement range, which is quite some distance if the trigger is set up with even a moderately long first pull. It is a fairly short spring to begin with – about 8.5mm, according to my notes. If it is cut even shorter, and the adjustment screw is set so that there is only a small amount of compression at the position where trigger disengagement occurs, the spring may not expand enough to reliably re-set the trigger mechanism when the action is opened. If this happens (with almost any trigger mechanism, actually, not just this one) things can run seriously amok – you really don’t want to go there, believe me!

Redrover;
Thanks you for posting that. Not only do I benefit but future inquiries by others will be informed.
Thankfully;
Peter Resetz

Back