• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

TESLA New member from Spain

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Tesla

Dear all.
Thank you very much for accepting in your forum
My name is Jesus and I live in the northern of Spain, near Bilbao, in BASAURI.
I practice Fiel Target with airgun rifles , and hunting , mainly woodcock and wilboards.
I own some rifles , like Blaser R93 (243w), Remington 742 (280), Sako AV (7mm. Rem Mag).
I've found this webpage looking for specific informations about trigger reg in my Sako.
I hope to be inside your community and to participate in the forum also
Best regards everybody

Welcome Jesus! I have a friend that loves to visit the northern part of Spain each year when they host a famous cookie festival - is that near you? Anyway, I am also a new member and have found this site extremely helpful. If you get a chance please feel free to post a few photos of your rifles.

Hi mate.
Thanks for your kind and promptly answer.
The northern of Spain is very beautiful, so all the coast should be nice to visit, especially in the summer because there are a lot of beaches .
In the summer there are a lot of festivals anywhere, so I don't know you mention.
We held every years the Euskadi Open International Field Target and one USA shooter who's name is Keith Knoblauch is attending our two competition days since 2013. Awesome person indeed.
I'll post some pictures of my rifles later, but they haven't any special device.
Thanks for welcome

Hi Jesus, when did you purchase or how did you decide on your Sako AV (7mm. Rem Mag)? There are lots of posts about that Sako model you can view on this site. It seems some have the 20 inch barrel. Sounds like a nice rifle.

Hi mate.
I own the AV since 9 years ago.
The father of one of my friends, the old owner, passed away and my friend give me the Sako like a gift, because he's not hunter, so I didn't have had any deep decision process , hi, hi, as it's usually .
Length barrel is 20 inches, just a little bit shorter that required for the 7mm. RM cal, but accuracy and power are very good, in my opinion.
I didn't shoot too much bullets , because with 170 grains , the recoil is not very comfortable. Probably I'll change to 150 gr.
I'm trying to touch the trigger reg because the effort is very high , around 6 lb, and is too much to shoot properly. I'd like to put around 3 lb or less. If not , the shoot is not made in good condition.
The rifle is new because has made around 100 shoots, no more, so is out of the case.
Thanks for your interest

Jesus

Last edited:
This is my Sako AV
URL=http://s285.photobucket.com/user/TESLA0611/media/SAKO AV/20141118_121351_zpshdhba4ir.jpg.html]
20141118_121351_zpshdhba4ir.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Nice rifle Tesla. Do you have opportunities to hunt with it? Perhaps some "jabalís"? I am absolutely enamored with northern Spain, having spent five weeks in Bilbao in the Summer of 2014, and a bit more time in Navarra and the Pyrenees. If you like, I would love to follow up with you via email or a "PM" (i.e. personal message) on this site to visit with you a little more about Euskadi.

Hi mate.
I own the AV since 9 years ago.
The father of on of my friends passed away and my friend give me the Sako like a gift, because he's not hunter, so I didn't have had any deep decission process , hi, hi, as it's usually .
Length barrel is 20 inches, just a little bit shorter that required for the 7mm. RM cal, but accuracy and power are very good, in my opinion.
I didn't shoot too much bullets , because with 170 grains , the recoil is not very comfortable. Probably I'll change to 150 gr.
I'm trying to touch the trigger reg because the effort is very high , around 6 lb, and is too much to shoot properly. I'd like to put around 3 lb or less. If not , the shoot is not made in good condition.
The rifle is new because has made around 100 shoots, no more, so is out of the case.
Thanks for your interest

Jesus
Absolute beauty! Amazing stock! You will likely have some folks on this site try to buy that from you - hang on tight!

Hello everybody.
I was doubting where could be located in the webpage one question / subject about the Practicing Shooting Devices at home. As I didnt found any specific thread I decided to post here.

In the Spanish FB subforum " Hablemos de : Rifles, Balas y visores" https://www.facebook.com/groups/267029330329574/?ref=bookmarks
I've post the subject : " SIMULADORES DE TIRO", trying to discover what level knowledge exists in the members of this subforum and if this kind of systems are useful in general by the shooters.

I was surprised , after starting answers, because hunters doesn't know anything about this matter. People are talking a lot about scopes, rifles, cartridges, bullets, etc.. but no one is worried about his own skills as hunter/shooter.
In this way I'm trying to gather what kind of simulator devices exists in the market, and what are the opinion about each one of them in order to improve the hunter/shooter skills.
The goal should be to learn to shoot properly and to increase the success as well as to enjoy practicing at home.

I've discovered myself the Swedish " Simway Hunt" and it's quite good to practice at home, but very expensive .
The question is : Do you know or use other similar simulators to practice and what are your opinions about the quality and results obtained ?
I apologize if this post is not in the right site , but I thought this kind of forums are the main source to obtain information.

Thanks for your answers.
Jesus.

You are wise not to take the trigger pull weight of a Sako below where it will consistently function. Like any mass-produced item, Sako triggers will vary in their minimum pull. Some will go down to 1.5 pounds (less than a kg), while others start to give trouble below four pounds.

Back