• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sold the balvar 8A

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

adirondacks

Gentlemen:
I just sold the Balvar 8A with Kurinsky mounts I removed from my .243 L579 Deluxe. I just never liked the looks of it on the gun, even though I know it is a quality scope etc. I got 150.00 for it from a guy who deals in these types of scopes. He'll no doubt get more for it,but I am happy. I just purchased a L shaped bolt peep, just like new condition with a set of medium sako rings from a guy for 110.00 delivered. I think I did pretty good. My 222 L46 mannlicher has the hooded type peep that I want to swap out. I've had the L46 for 20 years and have made some of the best shots(* 300 + yds at a running wood chuck) I've ever made with that gun, but thought I aught to put the correct period peep on it. Still looking for a set of original medium rings though, any leads ?
Best
ADK's

Yes, you got a more than fair price on the peep and rings; and selling an item that you're just not going to use always puts you money ahead. Sako rings come up all the time on ebay, but they also bring a pretty good price there if they are in nice shape. Other than the quality of the finish, the main thing to watch for is the condition of the screw heads.

Stonecreek,
I have a pair of original low rings, beautiful shape, but no scope seems to work with them. I tried a 2-7x leupold, a 6x ziess with the sako lows and neither would clear the barrel. I guess I'll use the leupold rings for now, they look decent. I have the redfield bases with dove tail rings and don't like the look of that set up either. Seems to put the scope too high and I think it looks rather redundant and dorky. I'm a bit of a purist,still want the medium old sako mounts. I'm way picky about my set ups, keeps me awake at night, mental problems I guess.
Thanks.
ADK's

Latest posts

Back