• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Triace double fire

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi Guys,

For a couple of weeks, my Sako double fires when using 0,22 barrel. It happens once per fifty round more or less. The trigger weight is set to slightly above 1 kg.

Do you have an idea of what could be a possible reason? I use CCI standard velocity ammo.

Best,
Chris

I would check the sear engagement. I have never worked on a Trace but if it's like any of the other high-end target pistols I've worked on, it will have a sear engagement adjustment that is set at the factory and held in place with Loctite or something similar. Sometimes these work loose or are "adjusted" by some owner or amateur gunsmith to where they will slip off and double or even go full auto. It could also be that the action is gummed up with old oil and grease and the trigger is not resetting properly.

Sounds like you may have it fixed. On a target pistol, the sear engagement is so delicately balanced that even a small discrepancy can cause problems. Let us know if that fixes the problem.

Hi,

With this extra click on regulation, my Triace did feed the next round but it didn't pull the hammer back. So I had to set it back as it was. But I have also removed some dirt from between the trigger bar and the frame. 50 rounds and no problem but is not a statistically significant sample yet. Will observe and let you know.

Best,
Chris.

Hi Krysztof,
Another possibility, given that you have already had to clean out some of the action, is that the firing pin is not retracting properly due to dirt buildup and you are getting an occasional “slam fire” when the breach closes. Easy enough to resolve, just drive out the two retaining pins, drop out the firing pin and spring and give the firing pin tunnel a good clean out with solvent and a bore brush or pipe cleaner.
Bob

Hi Bob,

I followed your advice and checked the firing pin. It was moving smoothly but I noticed some soot around the pin tunnel exit. I decided to give my gun a good bath then. I let the gun parts to stay in the kerosen bath for a while and then used a plastic brush.
And that was left (OK, the pen is justto show you the scale)
view

I'm embarrassed.

First 60 rounds and no problem. I will shoot and observe but it's different gun since then - even on the trigger.

Best,
Chris

Hmm, a load of crud. Looks a bit gritty. Hopefully the good clean has resolved the problem. Maybe you can now adjust the sear engagement as per the manual.

Hope it stays good.

Bob

Latest posts

Back