• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako 'New model' 22-32 Reassembly help

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi all,

Brand new here! I've joined up because I've noticed quite a few sako 3-in-1/22-32/new model/triace owners here.

I've recently won a 22-32 'new model' from an auction in Australia. I've taken it apart and noticed the 22lr unit is missing its rubber recoil buffer, the 32 and 22 short units have theirs installed. Can I change them?

I'm having massive trouble getting the gun back together, I can't get the frame to line up enough that the main screw will slot in properly, I am wondering if the trigger spring is bent? It is the old type, I can't find any images of how it is supposed to look and the manual is vague about how it should be positioned. It simply says the spring should be 'up' - up how? Or relative to what?

I will attach some pictures. Does anything look amiss? Any advice would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• 20231002_152017.jpg
    20231002_152017.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231002_152025.jpg
    20231002_152025.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20231002_152045.jpg
    20231002_152045.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 13
Hi all,

Brand new here! I've joined up because I've noticed quite a few sako 3-in-1/22-32/new model/triace owners here.

I've recently won a 22-32 'new model' from an auction in Australia. I've taken it apart and noticed the 22lr unit is missing its rubber recoil buffer, the 32 and 22 short units have theirs installed. Can I change them?

I'm having massive trouble getting the gun back together, I can't get the frame to line up enough that the main screw will slot in properly, I am wondering if the trigger spring is bent? It is the old type, I can't find any images of how it is supposed to look and the manual is vague about how it should be positioned. It simply says the spring should be 'up' - up how? Or relative to what?

I will attach some pictures. Does anything look amiss? Any advice would be most appreciated.
It looks as if the trigger weight sensor bar is bent. This fits into the hollow head of the weight adjusting screw in the barrel .
The trigger weight is adjusted by finely turning screw in or out. Not sure how you are going to re set the shape of the spring to enter the screw? This is from memory only hope it helps.
Deano

Thanks I'll order a few! I am thinking the gun dealer I had it transferred via may have forced the gun together and bent the spring, they mentioned they had 'a hard time' getting it back together after taking it apart to check it.

Last time I send an ISSF style gun to a dealer who has no clue about ISSF

Hi James, Anders passed on that you were having a problem with your 22/32 reassembly. I have a TriAce and bought a swag of parts from him a while back.

Looking at the 22/32 handbook and comparing with your photos, I agree with Deano that the trigger spring looks bent. This is a different arrangement to the TriAce and now I can see why Sako changed it. I think you might be able to get yourself out of trouble with a pair of needle nose pliers but it will be a case of bending back until the projection of the spring is parallel with the frame underlug and then gently trying to refit and adjusting the bend until you get it to fit. You should check that the adjuster screw on the barrel unit is not also damaged or bent. You might be better off buying one of the replacement springs Anders has listed on his site. Without Swedish GST they are only $26 ea. Anders also has the buffers, which are the same in all the Sako pistol units. While you're at it, I'd also recommend getting the TriAce version of the fixing screw, part #5; it uses an Allen key to tighten rather than a screwdriver - much simpler. Postage to Oz will not be much.

Benelli used to carry replacement parts here in Oz but someone bought them all then disappeared from view! I think he went to NZ.

Good luck from sunny Sydney!

Bob

Thjqjks
Hi James, Anders passed on that you were having a problem with your 22/32 reassembly. I have a TriAce and bought a swag of parts from him a while back.

Looking at the 22/32 handbook and comparing with your photos, I agree with Deano that the trigger spring looks bent. This is a different arrangement to the TriAce and now I can see why Sako changed it. I think you might be able to get yourself out of trouble with a pair of needle nose pliers but it will be a case of bending back until the projection of the spring is parallel with the frame underlug and then gently trying to refit and adjusting the bend until you get it to fit. You should check that the adjuster screw on the barrel unit is not also damaged or bent. You might be better off buying one of the replacement springs Anders has listed on his site. Without Swedish GST they are only $26 ea. Anders also has the buffers, which are the same in all the Sako pistol units. While you're at it, I'd also recommend getting the TriAce version of the fixing screw, part #5; it uses an Allen key to tighten rather than a screwdriver - much simpler. Postage to Oz will not be much.

Benelli used to carry replacement parts here in Oz but someone bought them all then disappeared from view! I think he went to NZ.

Good luck from

Good luck from sunny Sydney!

Bob
Thanks so much for reaching out. I am one step ahead of you and have ordered a buffer, new trigger spring and a main fixing screw.

I might contact you when everything arrives for some assistance if that is okay?

Also thank you to Deanok for earlier replies.

Hah! Great minds and all that. I'll be happy to help out if I can. Are you sure that the adjuster screw (pn 51 in the 22/32 manual) is still OK?

Bob

Back