• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

SAKO AV Deluxe

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

mag318

This is my first post here and I want to research a rifle. After looking at a few threads here I believe it is an AV Deluxe. The rifle is chambered in 6.5x55 and has a really beautiful stock with both checkering and floral pattern carving. The rifle has no sights so I plan on putting a nice German or Austrian optic on it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. SAKO AV Deluxe

Attachments

• SAKO AV Deluxe
    IMG_4081.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 20
Nice rifle!
Definitely appears to be a Super Deluxe..
What does the pistol grip cap look like?
Nice wood and a highly regarded chambering!

A rare one, appears to be a Super Deluxe in the sought after 6.5x55 with high gloss bluing finish. The oak leaves work differentiates it from a Deluxe. A European optic would be a great compliment if in a 40-42 mm objective as no reason for a spotting scope size objective to overwhelm. Photo of the left side of action would help further identification with model type.
My preference as the 100 yr old 6.5x55 design has more knock down power than the recent 6.5 Creedmore caliber.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick replies. So it's a Super Deluxe. I attempted to download a couple more photos off my iPhone and they were to big. I'll take dome more photos tomorrow with a regular camera.

A rare one, appears to be a Super Deluxe in the sought after 6.5x55 with high gloss bluing finish. The oak leaves work differentiates it from a Deluxe. A European optic would be a great compliment if in a 40-42 mm objective as no reason for a spotting scope size objective to overwhelm. Photo of the left side of action would help further identification with model type.
My preference as the 100 yr old 6.5x55 design has more knock down power than the recent 6.5 Creedmore caliber.
My L57 chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor shoots a 155 grain Lapua bullet @ 2550 fps, which is exactly what the Lapua 6.5x55 Swede factory load does. The 6.5 Swede, the 260 Rem, & the 6.5 Creedmoor are ballistically the same. Just different cases & different marketing ploys. The differences between them is not the ballistics or terminal performance, but rather in action size, magazine compatibility, & ammo/brass availability, not to mention rifle availability. The Creedmoor wins that contest hands down.

Last edited:
When posting photo has “insert” & you can then make it a thumbnail for easy posting as smaller format.

In caliber performance I defer to Paulson, but I’m partial to the older “classic” calibers.
You’ll learn a lot on this forum.

When posting photo has “insert” & you can then make it a thumbnail for easy posting as smaller format.

In caliber performance I defer to Paulson, but I’m partial to the older “classic” calibers.
You’ll learn a lot on this forum.
I like the Swede too. Cause it's old, like me! Just could never find the right Sako rifle chambered in it & it wouldn't fit in the L57. I call my L57 a Swedemoor!! But, I have to admit that the Creed is the better mousetrap!

Right. On the other thread, among other things, I said that my sako AV deluxe is an excellent shooter. A pleasure to operate. Very accurate. Great trigger. And yes, put a nice european scope on it with sako rings.

You can clean up those inserts in the grip cap. I think I used some old Brasso, but your hardware store might have something better.

Lovely find, congratulationsI don't like to use Brasso near wood. You can use a lot of stuff on hand like ketchup (may need a few applications) or lemon juice and baking powder. I'm sure there are other ways to use handy ingredients if you do a search.

Flitz may work better for that over Brasso. I think the insert is nickel alloy.
German silver maybe?

Loving the Dark Chocolate colors of these rifles!
Thanks for sharing!

I use Simichrome Polish on all metals.
Available everywhere...Eplay, Amazon...etc.
This tube is over 10 years old...Last a long time.
A small tube will last for years. A little dab will do you...

Attachments

• SAKO AV Deluxe
    Polish.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 9
I really like the character and deep brown colors on Spaher's super deluxe buck. Matches the rifle.

Back