• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako 995 trq-s stock screws torque values

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Voere

Hello
Would anyone happen to have the torque values for the stock screws for the 995 TRG-S New to me 995 I need to go over the rifle prior to sighting in the rifle
ThankYou in advance
Voere

"Torque" measurements on small screws are notoriously inaccurate and vary with the pitch and condition of the threads, and are therefore somewhat meaningless. As with almost any bolt action, make the front action screw as tight as possible by hand with a well-fitted screwdriver, then snug the rear screw with a bit less force. That's as close as you're going to get to proper "torque"

“ As with almost any bolt action, make the front action screw as tight as possible by hand with a well-fitted screwdriver, then snug the rear screw with a bit less force. That's as close as you're going to get to proper "torque"
Keep in mind that one person may be capable of applying more hand torque than the next, depending of course on hand strength. Good and snug might be a better idea.
One way to control torque by feel is to use all four fingers (and obviously the opposing thumb) for full force , then reducing the grip tension by the number of fingers gripping the driver. 4 fingers = good and snug ..2 fingers = scope rings and smaller things.
I have one torque wrench…1/2 “ drive in the back of my Jeep.

"Torque" measurements on small screws are notoriously inaccurate and vary with the pitch and condition of the threads, and are therefore somewhat meaningless. As with almost any bolt action, make the front action screw as tight as possible by hand with a well-fitted screwdriver, then snug the rear screw with a bit less force. That's as close as you're going to get to proper "torque"
That is a nonsense reply. Threads does not change after manufacturing. Nor are the action screws to be considered small.

The action screws on the TRG-S are M6x1,5 (standard pitch) and are rated to 10 Nm. Not that I would recommend using that since the composite stock might not handle the load. It's what I use on my TRGs (22/42) though.

If you are a bit insecure on what torque to use, start with 6 Nm. Tighten front, rear and then middle screw at that value. Then 8 and 10 in the same order, if not snug enough. Take care to make sure the washer on the middle screw does not rotate with the screw and brake off a small portion of plastic.

Good luck and congratulations on a great rifle!

That is a nonsense reply. Threads does not change after manufacturing. Nor are the action screws to be considered small.

The action screws on the TRG-S are M6x1,5 (standard pitch) and are rated to 10 Nm. Not that I would recommend using that since the composite stock might not handle the load. It's what I use on my TRGs (22/42) though.

If you are a bit insecure on what torque to use, start with 6 Nm. Tighten front, rear and then middle screw at that value. Then 8 and 10 in the same order, if not snug enough. Take care to make sure the washer on the middle screw does not rotate with the screw and brake off a small portion of plastic.

Good luck and congratulations on a great rifle!
Talk about nonsense! What is the magic number? 6Nm, 8Nm, 10Nm???? If they still are not "snug enough", whatever that means, what "torque setting" are we supposed to use? If the stock doesn't "handle the load", at the so call magic torque setting, then what???? Your kidding yourself if you think a particular torque setting is going to be consistent from rifle to rifle. Stop drinking the "Kool-Aid" & learn how to use a screwdriver.

Talk about nonsense! What is the magic number? 6Nm, 8Nm, 10Nm???? If they still are not "snug enough", whatever that means, what "torque setting" are we supposed to use? If the stock doesn't "handle the load", at the so call magic torque setting, then what???? Your kidding yourself if you think a particular torque setting is going to be consistent from rifle to rifle. Stop drinking the "Kool-Aid" & learn how to use a screwdriver.
Cool off Sir. You're the one looking for the "magic number" by feel...

Back